Associate, Electrical Engineer
Magic Leap is seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our team and work on advanced research and product development engineering for next generation Magic Leap augmented reality (AR) devices. The engineer will be working on developing new technologies related to imaging, sensing, electro/optical systems, SOC, power management, and memory.
This role is based in our HQ office, Plantation, Florida and requires you to regularly come into the office.
- Research and development of new technologies from concept to productization
- Rapid prototyping including firmware bring up
- System and component specification definition
- Simulation, modeling, design and test project development
- Product system architecture design and implementation
- Troubleshooting board issues and implementing tests at system level
- Power management and implementing low power systems
- Provide technical guidance to other team members in issue resolution and product development.
- Development test plan creation to ensure compliance with applicable industry standards
- Writing firmware in C/C++, Python and scripting languages
- Good troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Familiarity with programming languages such as C/C++, Python, etc.
- Solid understanding of digital and analog circuit design
- Must work well with interdisciplinary groups
- Good communication and documentation skills
- 0-5+ years of work or internship experience in a related field
- Familiarity with image sensors, cameras and/or optical experience.
- Knowledge of high-speed interfaces (MIPI, USB, PCIe, DisplayPort, etc) is highly desirable.
- Experience working on mixed signal PCBs with high speed controlled impedance signals, power traces, analog signals, etc.
- CAD experience (Cadence or other schematics/layout tools)
- Simulation experience using PSPICE or similar.
- Power management experience (DC/DC converters, LDOs, PMICs, etc) is highly desirable.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related field preferred (Computer Engineering or other).
- MS preferred.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.