Senior, Software Development Engineer
If you want to be part of a united team where everyone is empowered and trusted to make an impact, then Magic Leap could be the place for you. At Magic Leap you will have the freedom to explore innovative solutions and use your talents to solve real world problems. Working alongside industry experts, here you can grow your skills and play a part in amplifying human potential at the intersection of the physical and digital worlds. We know that successful change and progress are accelerated by diverse perspectives. As we shape our future, everyone's voice matters. Together, we can reimagine the world of work and, with our bold partners, make the impossible, possible.
Magic Leap is looking for a Software Engineer to focus on architecture, migrate, manage and support our cloud software. This hybrid software/systems engineer ensures that cloud services run smoothly and have the capacity for future growth.
- Solid hands-on experience in architecting and designing Cloud solutions for customer-facing applications
- Define best practices around making our systems and services measurable and work with our various teams to get those best practices applied
- Collaborate with our global Engineering & Platform teams to ensure our services, platforms, and infrastructure are emitting the right metrics
- Work in a DevOps-centric CI/CD environment
- Builds and supports tools and systems that Cloud Engineers use to deploy their software into production
- Collect, aggregate, and visualize the collected metrics to provide actionable insight
- Experience in software engineering or DevOps.
- Experienced with public cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Experience working with containers (Docker, ECS, etc.)
- Strong grasp of IaC and IaaS (Terraform, CloudFormation, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with building modern web applications using microservices
- Coding experience in at least one language such as Python, Go, C#, Java
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Having sound fundamentals in UNIX-based systems including proficiency with UNIX tools like SSH, grep, sed, awk, find, etc
- Prior experience with Cloud Watch, Prometheus, Data Dog, Sumo Logic
- Experience migrating workloads from AWS to GCP
- Prior experience integrating into event management systems such as Pager Duty
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.