Lead, Manufacturing Process Engineer, Electrical
If you want to be part of a united team where everyone is empowered and trusted to make an impact, then Magic Leap could be the place for you. At Magic Leap you will have the freedom to explore innovative solutions and use your talents to solve real world problems. Working alongside industry experts, here you can grow your skills and play a part in amplifying human potential at the intersection of the physical and digital worlds. We know that successful change and progress are accelerated by diverse perspectives. As we shape our future, everyone's voice matters. Together, we can reimagine the world of work and, with our bold partners, make the impossible, possible.
The New Product Introduction Lead Electrical will manage the supply chain electrical engineering team and work with electrical, optical, systems and mechanical engineering teams to design quality, high-volume consumer products. We are looking for candidates who are creative and energetic team players who excel in a fast-paced, hands-on environment.
The NPI Lead Electrical will be responsible for transitioning new products from early-stage development to production level. This person will work with cross-functional teams ranging from HW designers, Software engineers, NPI engineers & Test engineers and participate in the complete product life cycle.
Position expects performance as an individual contributor and a leader on a multi-disciplinary NPI team through development, design, manufacturing, and production release. Candidates must be highly innovative and enjoy working in a dynamic and creative environment.
The position is in the NPI team located in Plantation, Florida, USA. Candidates must be able to lead and use new creative ideas to excel the team to the next level.
- Design, develop and refine volume manufacturing processes and qualification plans
- Identify best in class equipment and specifying same
- Drive production ramp readiness with mechanical, electrical, optics, systems, and operation engineering teams
- Lead cross-functional teams for root cause activity/problem solving for electrical and opto-mechanical components/devices
- Actively seek ways of improving current methods, systems, processes and structures
- Review tests and specs from NPI to production with rigorous data analysis
- Run GR&R for all processes and stations
- 10+ years of industry experience in consumer electronics, compact imaging systems or optical systems is preferred
- Experience with Cadence or other schematics/layout tools
- Experience with SMT and PCB for process, design, and failure analysis
- Detailed knowledge of factory test methods for mass production
- Experience with the production ramp of a high volume product in factories
- Ability to travel to other locations and vendors for up to 25% is required
- Must be confident in a highly dynamic and creative environment
- Versed in 6 sigma concepts such as DMAIC, Cp/Cpk, MSA, FMEA, Ishikawa and Control Charts
- Skill in data analysis and process qualification, minimum Six Sigma Greenbelt required
- Proficient in English
- BS in Electrical Engineering or MS in Electrical Engineering
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.