LTE Modem Engineer
As an LTE Modem Engineer at Lynk, you will design and plan wireless radio communications systems, including radio propagation modeling and prediction, interference analysis, frequency coordination. Additionally, you will design and develop the DSP software for LTE, estimate Doppler and propagation delays, create algorithms to process, manage and analyze link budgets and implement compensation algorithms at LTE Air interface and physical layer.
If you enjoy the challenge of wearing many hats and have a track record of creative thinking to solve unconventional problems, then we look forward to meeting you!
As an LTE Modem Systems Engineer your core responsibilities are as follows.
- Analyze link budget of LTE system between satellite and UEs
- Design physical layer receiver for the LTE enode-B on satellite
- Implementation of baseband modems on software defined radio platforms
- A master’s degree in engineering with 3 – 5 years of related experience required.
- In-depth knowledge of wireless communication systems (OFDM/MIMO, etc.).
- Experience in physical layer algorithm design, algorithm validation, feature bring up, and commercialization.
- Strong knowledge in LTE and 5G standards, including PHY MAC, and RRC specifications.
- Strong knowledge of software defined radios and their implementation.
- Familiarity with existing telecommunications software stacks (e.g., GSM, LTE, NR implementations).
- Hands-on experience on lab testing & characterization.
- Deep understanding of communication theory & signal processing related algorithms design (such as timing recovery, signal estimation and detection, RF impairment estimation and correction, channel modeling and estimation, Doppler compensation techniques, etc.).
- Experience with Matlab or Python and/or C/C++ for algorithm development, modeling, and simulation.
- Experience using test equipment like signal generators, spectrum analyzers, etc.
Something looks off?