Satellite Integration and Launch Manager
The Satellite Integration and Launch Manager will manage the integration of Lynk satellite flight hardware and the requirements for them to manifest on launch opportunities to LEO. This starts with managing the acquisition of satellite components, coordinating any satellite-unique design and fabrication, and overseeing the integration of components into a satellite and its relevant deployer systems. This also includes manifesting the satellite on specific launch opportunities and interfacing with launch vehicle providers to accomplish successful launch vehicle integration and manifestation. You will also be responsible for managing the process related to testing to ensure that the satellite meets all mechanical, electrical, digital, and/or safety requirements/interfaces.
We build mission hardware (and software) fast so the perfect candidate for this role will have significant previous experience designing, developing, and testing space hardware on rapid timelines. We are looking for engineers that enjoy a challenge and have a track record of creative thinking to solve unconventional problems.
- Work with Executive Management to establish the configuration of each Lynk satellite and launch
- Manage the acquisition of components for each satellite
- Direct and any satellite or launch unique design and fabrication work required
- Oversee the assembly of each Lynk satellite and integration with any deployer systems to produce a launch configuration
- Lead launch integration and operations activities for specific
- Oversee testing activities (including environmental testing) and the production of verification artifacts required to satisfy launch provider requirements for specific missions
- Organize and support launch campaign activities for individual missions and represent Lynk at launch integration reviews with the launch provider
- Manage all schedule & technical commitments to the launch provider
- Coordinate all launch related items internal and external to Lynk for specific
- Manage & ensure Export Compliance to all launch related Technical Assistance Agreements (TAAs) and Technology Transfer Control Plans (TTCPs)
- Travel as required in support of the launch
- A Bachelor’s degree (or better) in Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or other relevant technical degree.
- 10+ years of experience with the integration and launch of satellites or space payloads.
- Experience in space systems engineering including all aspects of spacecraft to launch vehicle integration is required.
- Significant experience leading the integration of payloads on a currently operating launch vehicle is a plus.
- Experience manifesting payloads on Space-X rideshare missions (SSO and Starlink rideshares) is a plus.
Something looks off?