Director, B2B Marketing
We saw a problem within the life insurance industry: getting covered took too long, involved too much paperwork, and required too many in-person meetings with salesy agents. Having lost his father at a young age, our CEO, Jamie, was determined to make it easier for people to get the coverage they needed to provide for their families. So, we got to work. We developed a method of real-time underwriting and, in doing so, reduced the months-long process of applying for life insurance to minutes. Our digital experience is quick (instant decisions!), loved by users (check out our Trustpilot or Google reviews) and prolific ($34 billion+ in coverage provided).
About the role
The Ladder Team is hiring a Director, B2B Marketing to work with Ladder’s partners as they help people discover and manage life insurance through apps they love and people they trust. In this role, you will closely collaborate with our BD teams to understand and segment the partnership landscape in order to develop compelling messaging, collateral, and campaigns to further grow our partnership footprint. Through playbooks and a library of marketing assets, you will also help existing partners successfully deploy Ladder to their customers and continue to engage them over time. This is hybrid opportunity, based in our Palo Alto, CA headquarters.
How you'll make a difference
- Develop detailed segmentation, positioning and messaging frameworks for Ladder partnership targets across industries and verticals
- Engage with our partners marketing teams on how best to serve their users. Assist with the successful deployment of Ladder with marketing playbooks, packaged assets (display ads, emails, content, etc), and joint campaigns
- Map partner touch-points and develop content and collateral along these journeys, including outreach messaging, website content, product one-sheets, case studies, emails, videos, etc.
- Develop marketing & comms GTM plan for new B2B products and features
- Assist with partner-centric conferences (swag, booth, logistics, presentations, etc) and press releases
- Monitor user needs, industry news and competitive trends for strategic recommendations to preserve Ladder’s competitive edge in the partner channel
Who you are
- 8+ years successful multi-level B2B and/or B2B2C marketing experience required
- Extremely collaborative and used to working with internal and external stakeholders
- Organized systems thinker skilled at managing many moving pieces while developing coherent user stories and marketing journeys
- Strong bias for action with roll-up your sleeves attitude and ability to manage by influence
- Storyteller who does great marketing verses check boxes
What we offer
Whether you work in our beautiful office in Palo Alto or remotely, Ladder is highly collaborative and fun. To support you in your role, we offer fantastic perks and benefits that reflect our mission of care and support, including:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage | We offer competitive healthcare, dental and vision plans for you and your family.
- Flexible paid time off | Take the time that you need to rest and recharge, including our week-long winter holiday closure.
- Stock options | We offer competitive stock option packages to participate in the success of building Ladder, including an extended option exercise window of 7 years after two years with Ladder.
- A rewarding 401k match program | We'll match up to 4% of your contributions as you save for your retirement goals.
- Ladder Fit Program | Your health matters. That’s why Ladder provides a monthly reimbursement for wellness-related expenses.
- Commuter benefits | When you work from the office, you will receive pre-tax benefits for your commute and free parking.
- A stocked, beautiful new office | Located in downtown Palo Alto, our office was specifically designed to accommodate all working styles. We've invested in technology to support our hybrid team, plus we provide office snacks and daily catered lunches so that team members can work well and have fun together.
- Paid parental leave | We think it's crucial that new parents have time to adjust to their new lives without worrying about work, so we provide all parents inclusive of birthing, adoption, or fostering ten weeks of paid baby bonding.
- Work-from-home flexibility and support | We recognize that everyone's homelife is different and support remote and hybrid work. Upon joining, we provide a one-time remote office stipend for all team members and then a monthly stipend to cover WFH costs such as the internet.
- Fun company-wide events | Whether we work locally or remotely, we genuinely enjoy spending time together. That’s why we plan fun virtual and in-person events to let loose and laugh.
The base pay range targeted for this position is $184,000 - $215,000. This role is eligible for equity and benefits as shared above. Base pay is determined by market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Ladder is building a diverse team of talented and enthusiastic people. We are an equal opportunity workplace. At Ladder, differences are celebrated and supported to benefit our people, product, and community. Let us know why you're interested in this position and what unique contributions you can make to the Ladder team. We look forward to hearing from you.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements. We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we'd love to know how you can elevate our team with your unique experience!