ML Architect/Applied AI Researcher
Job Title: ML Architect/Applied AI Researcher (Deep Learning and Generative Models)
We are an innovative startup company at the forefront of the AI transformation under way. Our mission is to create a world where enterprise knowledge workers can harness the power of AI with no-code workflows, all within a safe and secure platform. We believe the power of the newest AI models, generative AI, and large language models connected to workers’ existing company knowledge base will have a radical impact on knowledge workers’ productivity and will raise the floor for all workers. Positioned at the forefront of a major technical revolution, we are on track to be one of the great companies in the AI industry. Join us on this exciting journey and make a lasting impact on the future of AI technology.
We are seeking a highly experienced ML Architect/Applied AI Researcher with a specialization in deep learning and generative models to join our dynamic team. In this senior role, you will evangelize the latest AI research and guide the strategic architectural direction of our AI modeling and implementation efforts, including the evaluation and fine-tuning of large language models (LLMs), and the evolving automation as we scale.
The ideal candidate has a robust understanding of the recent developments in reinforcement learning with human feedback (RLHF) and can adeptly apply this knowledge in a practical setting. They will be a self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and demonstrated team-player, as well as an early thought leader and hands-on implementer at a high growth startup. This person will play a significant role in building and bringing a new generative AI product to market, and represent Kindo at relevant conferences and events.
- Lead the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of cutting-edge AI and machine learning models, with a focus on generative AI and LLMs.
- Apply the latest research and industry framework advances to most efficiently leverage those advancements into our product.
- Act as a productive individual contributor.
- Enhance fine tuning models using private customer data turnkey.
- Research, experiment, and define the approach for extending the product capabilities using agents, increasing the autonomy of the AI in our product.
- Evaluate the performance of existing models using a variety of metrics, and recommend improvements as necessary.
- Leverage Kindo's rich datasets to fine-tune models and maximize their effectiveness.
- Collaborate closely with other teams within the company to understand their needs and develop AI models that support their objectives.
- Mentor and guide junior team members in the development and implementation of AI models.
- Present complex concepts and the results of research projects effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Lead research collaborations and partnerships with external researchers and institutions.
- PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, AI, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in AI research with a strong focus on deep learning, generative models, and large language models.
- Extensive experience with the latest advancements in reinforcement learning for fine-tuning (RLHF).
- Have depth of research and industry experience building and deploying LLMs into production (e.g. not pure research)
- Proficient in machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, or others.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects and guide junior team members.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Published work in top-tier AI or machine learning conferences or journals is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to think critically and creatively.
- Practical experience deploying LLMs into production
- Onsite in Venice CA (for now - may extend to remote in the future)
- Familiarity with open source frameworks like Langchain
- Knowledge of enterprise security best practices
- Experience with Enterprise SaaS software
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation and paid time off policies
- A flexible and dynamic work environment with opportunities for occasional remote work
- The opportunity to work alongside a talented team of engineers and innovators
- A chance to be part of a groundbreaking company shaping the future of generative AI
- Start-up and entrepreneurial mindset: High-energy, passionate, and willing to put in a bit of extra energy to ensure we succeed, but mindful of work-life balance, protecting weekends, and accommodating personal obligations. Full belief in the multi-billion dollar market opportunity in front of us.
- Strong ownership culture: Complete ownership of core areas of responsibility, but also welcoming ideas and contributions from everyone. Everyone acts like product owners and contributes where they can provide value.
- Fast-paced and action-oriented: Focus on high velocity, minimal processes, and utilizing existing solutions to maximize product development and minimize maintenance overhead. Focused on outcomes over hours. We work smarter, not harder.
- Empathy, open-mindedness, and constructive feedback: Respect diverse working styles, encourage data-informed decisions, and build understanding and trust through direct conflict resolution
- Reflective thinking and effectiveness: Balance thoughtful planning and discipline with action, prioritize finding solutions that meet customer needs over being right
- Collaboration and support: Foster an environment where employees can work together, rely on each other, and support one another through challenges
If you are a passionate and talented AI researcher looking to make a meaningful impact in the generative AI space applied into end-user products, we would love to hear from you. Apply now and join our team of visionaries in creating the next unicorn company in the AI industry.