Kindbody is a leading fertility clinic network and family-building benefits provider for employers offering comprehensive virtual and in-person care. Kindbody's clinically managed program includes fertility assessments and education, fertility preservation, genetic testing, in vitro fertilization (IVF), donor and surrogacy services, and adoption, as well as physical, mental, and emotional support from preconception through postpartum. Kindbody is the trusted fertility benefits provider for more than 90 employers, covering more tan 2.4 million lives. Many thousands more receive their fertility care directly from Kindbody throughout the country at signature clinics, mobile clinics, and partner clinics. As the fertility benefits provider, technology platform, and direct provider of high-quality care, Kindbody delivers a seamless, integrated experience with superior health outcomes at lower cost, making fertility care more affordable and accessible for all. Kindbody has raised $154 million in funding from leading investors including Perceptive Advisors, GV (formerly Google Ventures), RRE Capital, Claritas Health Ventures, Rock Springs Capital, NFP Ventures, and TQ Ventures.
About the Role
As a Junior Embryologist reporting to our Laboratory Manager, you will be working diligently to continue developing andrology/embryology skills and competence. This position will participate in the daily operation of the human IVF and andrology laboratories. This position includes ‘hands-on’ involvement in clinical IVF laboratory work as directed.
Proposed Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm, rotating weekends possible.
- Perform and Learn assisted reproductive technology methods including, but not limited to, semen preparation, oocyte identification conventional IVF, ICSI, embryo culture and grading, laser assisted hatching, trophectoderm biopsy, sperm, oocyte and embryo cryopreservation (vitrification).
- Perform semen analysis and endocrine testing
- Prepare semen for intrauterine insemination (IUI) and in vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Prepare semen for cryopreservation and storage
- Maintain accurate laboratory records
- Perform quality control procedures and monitor KPIs
- Participate in the laboratory’s quality management program
- Coordinate with reproductive endocrinologists and OB/GYNs to assist their patients with reproductive health issues and clinical research.
- Ensure all patient information is documented appropriately in our EMR according to our procedures
- Works independently to assure the program goals are achieved
- Support and promote excellence in customer service
- Provide feedback to HQ on process improvement and job specifications to help gain efficiencies in the day to day
- Is willing to travel to other Kindbody locations to perform patient testing, train or support staff.
- Is willing to collaboratively support the Kindbody team remotely or locally with their expertise.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific field required (Biology, Chemistry, or Medical Technology, etc.)
- Minimum of 1 year of experience required working in a fertility laboratory setting preferred
- Must demonstrate high integrity and professional demeanor
- Must demonstrate punctual and reliable work habits
- Detail oriented, meticulous record-keeping
- Strong communication skills & a team player
- Willingness to be flexible
- Some experience in EMR and G-Suite
Perks and Benefits
Kindbody values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. We are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits to our full time employees, such as paid vacation and sick time; paid time off to vote; medical, dental and vision insurance; FSA + HSA options; Company-paid life insurance; Short Term + Long Term Disability options; Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks fully paid dependent on years of service); 401k plans; free Peloton membership, monthly guided meditation and two free cycles of IVF/IUI or egg freezing and free egg storage for as long as you are employed.
Additional benefits, such as paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training & development opportunities, social events and wellness programming are also available. We are constantly reevaluating our benefits to ensure they meet the needs of our employees.
In an effort to protect our employees and our patients, Kindbody strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. However, some states are requiring that all healthcare workers be fully vaccinated. Candidates seeking employment at Kindbody in the following states will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccine prior to your start date of employment: California, Colorado, Illinois, New York, New Jersey and Washington. All other states are exempt from this requirement. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine because of a qualifying legal reason, you may request an exception to this requirement from the Company.
Please note that Kindbody interview requests and job offers only originate from an @kindbody.com email address. Kindbody will also never ask for bank account information (including routing or account numbers), social security numbers, passwords or any other sensitive information to be delivered over email or phone. Always reference our career site, careersatkindbody, to see if the position that you are applying to is legitimate. If you receive a scam issue or a security issue involving Kindbody please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindbody is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunity in all of our employment and hiring policies and practices and believe that a more diverse and inclusive workplace will benefit our patients, care partners, and Kindbody employees. We administer our employment and hiring policies and practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, military service, military or veteran status, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.