Senior Embryologist - West Loop
Kindbody is the leading fertility clinic network and global family-building benefits provider for employers offering the full-spectrum of reproductive care from preconception to postpartum through menopause. Kindbody is the trusted fertility benefits provider for 132 leading employers, covering almost 2.7 million lives. As the fertility benefits provider, technology platform, and direct provider of care, Kindbody delivers a seamless, integrated experience with superior health outcomes at lower cost, making fertility care more affordable and accessible for all. Kindbody has raised $315 million in debt and equity funding from leading investors including Perceptive Advisors, JP Morgan Chase’s Morgan Health, GV (formerly Google Ventures), RRE Ventures, Claritas Health Ventures, Rock Springs Capital, Distributed Ventures, Whatif Ventures and TQ Ventures. Visit www.kindbody.com. and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Linkedin.
Kindbody’s clinically-managed program covers the full-spectrum of reproductive health, including both female and male fertility, which encompasses fertility assessments and education, fertility preservation, genetic testing, in vitro fertilization (IVF), donor and surrogacy services, and adoption, as well as a full continuum of reproductive care including physical, mental, and emotional support.
About the Role
As a Senior Embryologist at Kindbody, you will be working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment where you will be relied on for your expertise, professionalism and collaboration. The hours will be determined based on availability and need, with occasional weekend and holiday shifts. This position is based out of our West Loop Clinic located at 333 S. Desplaines, Suite 201Chicago, IL 60661.
- Perform assisted reproductive technology methods including, but not limited to, semen preparation, oocyte identification conventional IVF, ICSI, embryo culture and grading, laser assisted hatching, trophectoderm biopsy, sperm, oocyte and embryo cryopreservation (vitrification).
- Maintain accurate laboratory records
- Perform quality control procedures and monitor KPIs
- Participate in the laboratory’s quality management program
- Coordinate with reproductive endocrinologists and OB/GYNs to assist their patients with reproductive health issues and clinical research.
- Educate patients on infertility evaluations, medications, treatment protocols and procedures
- Provide patient/couple counseling, procedure teaching, communicates physician orders and instructions
- Ensure all patient information is documented appropriately in our EMR according to our procedures
- Works independently to assure the program goals are achieved
- Support and promote excellence in customer service
- Provide feedback to HQ on process improvement and job specifications to help gain efficiencies in the day to day
Who you are:
- 5+ years experience in clinical embryology
- TS (ABB) certified or eligible
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in all IVF laboratory methods including micromanipulation techniques and vitrification
- Detail oriented, meticulous record-keeping
- Strong communication skills & a team player
- Willingness to be flexible
- Familiarity with all state and local regulations including tissue bank licensing
- Experienced in EMR and G-Suite
Perks and Benefits
Kindbody values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. We are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits to our full time employees, such as paid vacation and sick time; paid time off to vote; medical, dental and vision insurance; FSA + HSA options; Company-paid life insurance; Short Term + Long Term Disability options; Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks fully paid dependent on years of service); 401k plans; monthly guided meditation and two free cycles of IVF/IUI or egg freezing and free egg storage for as long as you are employed.
Additional benefits, such as paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training & development opportunities, social events and wellness programming are also available. We are constantly reevaluating our benefits to ensure they meet the needs of our employees.
In an effort to protect our employees and our patients, Kindbody strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. However, some states are requiring that all healthcare workers be fully vaccinated. Candidates seeking employment at Kindbody in the following states will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccine prior to your start date of employment: California, Colorado, Illinois, New York, New Jersey and Washington. All other states are exempt from this requirement. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine because of a qualifying legal reason, you may request an exception to this requirement from the Company.
Kindbody is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunity in all of our employment and hiring policies and practices and believe that a more diverse and inclusive workplace will benefit our patients, care partners, and Kindbody employees. We administer our employment and hiring policies and practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, military service, military or veteran status, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.