Kindbody is a leading fertility clinic network and family-building benefits provider for employers offering comprehensive virtual and in-person care.
Kindbody's clinically managed program includes fertility assessments and education, fertility preservation, genetic testing, in vitro fertilization (IVF), donor and surrogacy services, and adoption, as well as physical, mental, and emotional support from preconception through postpartum. Kindbody is the trusted fertility benefits provider for more than 110 employers, covering more than 2.4 million lives. Many thousands more receive their fertility care directly from Kindbody throughout the country at signature clinics, mobile clinics, and partner clinics. As the fertility benefits provider, technology platform, and direct provider of high-quality care, Kindbody delivers a seamless, integrated experience with superior health outcomes at lower cost, making fertility care more affordable and accessible for all.
About the Role
As an experienced Financial Navigator reporting to our Financial Navigator Manager you will be working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment where you will be relied on for your expertise, professionalism, and collaboration. This role is a full time remote position.
- Ensures that patients are well educated about the financial and insurance aspects of their care
- Conduct patient consultations to review and answer questions related to financial policies and requirements
- Provide self-pay pricing and review financial contracts
- Review and approve loan payments from outside lending companies
- Verify patient insurance benefits
- Explain insurance coverage and treatment costs and identify the need for any pre-authorizations
- Determine patient responsibility amounts and obtain payments in advance of the related procedure
- Serve as a Patient Advocate for patients when patients have difficulty navigating with their insurance company.
- Patient follow-up to ensure payment of outstanding co-payments, balances, coinsurance, etc.
- Respond to patient calls/correspondence regarding billing questions, financial policies, claims submission
- Manage assigned patients' financial matters throughout their treatment plan
- Verify and post deposit and payment amounts.
- Customer service skills for interacting with patients regarding medical claims and payments
- Research and resolve any discrepancies, denials, appeals, collections
- Review patient bills for accuracy and completeness and obtain any missing information
- Entry of appropriate ICD and CPT codes into practice management system for services rendered
- Appropriate Claims submission for services rendered using appropriate insurance and employer protocol based on carrier integration
- Prepare and process refund requests
- Update patient accounts, including verification of insurance coverage and changes in patient information, with appropriate documentation.
- Respond to a high volume of telephone inquiries in a positive and professional manner, resolve and follow up on all issues within designated timeframes.
- Meet positional metrics and benchmarks.
- Maintain the highest degree of ethics when handling patient payments and bill processing
- Follow all department standard operating procedures carefully and accurately
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
General Administrative Duties:
- Manage inbound customer communication (phone, email & chat) and ensure all messages are answered in a timely fashion
- Maintain clear communication with the clinics about overall clinic operations
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Who You Are
- Associates Degree or Certificate from an accredited medical and billing school.
- 3+ years of healthcare front reception billing experience in a fast-paced, customer focused environment, Fertility clinic experience, a plus
- A passion for women’s health, fertility is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills & a team player
- Willingness to be flexible, roll with the punches, multi-task and troubleshoot problems
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Exemplifies amazing customer service skills and professionalism
- Experience in insurance verification of benefits and familiarity with medical terminology
Perks and Benefits
Kindbody values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. We are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits to our employees, such as paid vacation and sick time; paid time off to vote; medical, dental and vision insurance; FSA + HSA options; Company-paid life insurance; Short Term + Long Term Disability options; Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks fully paid dependent on years of service); 401k plans; free monthly guided meditation and two free cycles of IVF/IUI or egg freezing and free egg storage for as long as you are employed.
Additional benefits, such as paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training & development opportunities, social events and wellness programming are also available. We are constantly reevaluating our benefits to ensure they meet the needs of our employees.
In an effort to protect our employees and our patients, Kindbody strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. However, some states are requiring that all healthcare workers be fully vaccinated. Candidates seeking employment at Kindbody in the following states will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccine prior to your start date of employment: California, Colorado, Illinois, New York, New Jersey and Washington. All other states are exempt from this requirement. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine because of a qualifying legal reason, you may request an exception to this requirement from the Company. As this is a remote position, the requirement would not apply.
Kindbody is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunity in all of our employment and hiring policies and practices and believe that a more diverse and inclusive workplace will benefit our patients, care partners, and Kindbody employees. We administer our employment and hiring policies and practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, military service, military or veteran status, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.