Clinical Assistant - St. Louis
Kindbody is a leading fertility clinic network and family-building benefits provider for employers offering comprehensive virtual and in-person care. Kindbody's clinically managed program includes fertility assessments and education, fertility preservation, genetic testing, in vitro fertilization (IVF), donor and surrogacy services, and adoption, as well as physical, mental, and emotional support from preconception through postpartum. Kindbody is the trusted fertility benefits provider for more than 110 employers, covering more than 2.4 million lives. Many thousands more receive their fertility care directly from Kindbody throughout the country at signature clinics, mobile clinics, and partner clinics. As the fertility benefits provider, technology platform, and direct provider of high-quality care, Kindbody delivers a seamless, integrated experience with superior health outcomes at lower cost, making fertility care more affordable and accessible for all.
About the Role
As an experienced Clinical Assistant reporting to our Clinical Manager, you will be working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment where you will be relied on for your expertise, professionalism, and collaboration. This role is a full time position and is based out of our Creve Coeur Clinic located at 347 N Lindbergh Blvd, Creve Coeur, MO 63141
- Surveillance of Advanced Reproductive Technology (SART) data entry
- Assist with collecting live birth outcomes
- Schedule diagnostic surgeries
- Review outside medical records
- Facilitate workflow of clinical trials
- Oversee current clinical research projects
- Manage Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval process
- Maintain data for ongoing projects
- Assist in planning and preparation of presentations of research findings, including drafting abstracts, writing and editing reports and articles for publication
- Assist in development of grant proposals and manuscripts, including proposals for new and/or continued research activities
- Observe patient consultations, surgical procedures, and lab procedures.
- Track and audit all patient consent forms through EMR system for completion
- Track patient workup status has been completed.
- Send abnormal labs and preconceptual labs to Clinical Nurse to review with physicians.
- Follow up with patients regarding missing consents/lab workup
- Send prescriptions to pharmacy per clinical nurse instructions
- Send clinical information to insurance for pre-authorizations by request from pre-auth. team.
- Answer patient calls and emails
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Biology, Pre-Med, Laboratory Science, or related discipline is preferred
- Basic clinical knowledge or experience in a medical office is preferred, especially in fertility or women’s health
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Proficiency in Google Suite, and medical database software is required
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills are required
- Ability to learn new terminology and systems is required
Perks and Benefits
Kindbody values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. We are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits to our full time employees, such as paid vacation and sick time; paid time off to vote; medical, dental and vision insurance; FSA + HSA options; Company-paid life insurance; Short Term + Long Term Disability options; Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks fully paid dependent on years of service); 401k plans; monthly guided meditation and two free cycles of IVF/IUI or egg freezing and free egg storage for as long as you are employed.
Additional benefits, such as paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training & development opportunities, social events and wellness programming are also available. We are constantly reevaluating our benefits to ensure they meet the needs of our employees.
In an effort to protect our employees and our patients, Kindbody strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. However, some states are requiring that all healthcare workers be fully vaccinated. Candidates seeking employment at Kindbody in the following states will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccine prior to your start date of employment: California, Colorado, Illinois, New York, New Jersey and Washington. All other states are exempt from this requirement. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine because of a qualifying legal reason, you may request an exception to this requirement from the Company. As this is a remote position, the requirement would not apply.
Kindbody is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunity in all of our employment and hiring policies and practices and believe that a more diverse and inclusive workplace will benefit our patients, care partners, and Kindbody employees. We administer our employment and hiring policies and practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, military service, military or veteran status, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.