Medical Assistant- Denver
Kindbody is a leading fertility clinic network and family-building benefits provider for employers offering comprehensive virtual and in-person care. Kindbody's clinically managed program includes fertility assessments and education, fertility preservation, genetic testing, in vitro fertilization (IVF), donor and surrogacy services, and adoption, as well as physical, mental, and emotional support from preconception through postpartum. Kindbody is the trusted fertility benefits provider for more than 110 employers, covering more than 2.4 million lives. Many thousands more receive their fertility care directly from Kindbody throughout the country at signature clinics, mobile clinics, and partner clinics. As the fertility benefits provider, technology platform, and direct provider of high-quality care, Kindbody delivers a seamless, integrated experience with superior health outcomes at lower cost, making fertility care more affordable and accessible for all.
About the Role
As an experienced Medical Assistant, you will be working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment where you will be relied on for your expertise, professionalism and collaboration. The hours will be determined based on availability and need, with occasional weekend and holiday shifts.
This role is a full time position and is based out of our Denver Office located at 220 Josephine St, Denver, CO 80206.
- High volume of phlebotomy
- Maintain and inventory supplies for the clinical operations
- Ensure lab specimens are ordered, collected, and sent to proper labs
- Document patient care services utilizing daily logs and patient records
- Utilizing Kindbody's proprietary EMR system and online laboratory portals to place lab orders and print patient labels
- Assist provider or ultrasound technician with various fertility and GYN procedures
- Prepare and maintain a safe surgical environment
- Sterilization of medical instruments using an autoclave
- Take vital signs and provide general clinical assistance
- Assists with the clinical care of fertility patients
- Provides patient/couple counseling, procedure teaching, communicates physician orders and instructions
- Provides pre and post op education
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional and psychological support to patients and patients’ families
- Ensure the patient environment is set up, organized and clean
- Works independently to assure the program goals are achieved
- Willing to train new team members
- Support and promote excellence in customer service
- Provide feedback to HQ on process improvement and job specifications to help gain efficiencies in your day to day
Who You Are
- Completion of a formal MA program
- Strong phlebotomy skills
- Ability to give intramuscular injections
- Minimum 2 years of experience in GYN, fertility is a plus
- Minimum 1 year experience in GYN procedures
- Minimum 2 years experience working in an EMR
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in supply ordering and inventory
- Knowledge of Medical Instruments and Sterilization
- Strong communication skills & a team player
- Willingness to be flexible and cross train in other roles when necessary
- Detail oriented
- Exemplifies strong customer service skills and professionalism
- Open to work weekends and holidays as needed
Perks and Benefits
Kindbody values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. We are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits to our employees, such as paid vacation and sick time; paid time off to vote; medical, dental and vision insurance; FSA + HSA options; Company-paid life insurance; Short Term + Long Term Disability options; Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks fully paid dependent on years of service); 401k plans, monthly guided meditation and two free cycles of IVF/IUI or egg freezing and free egg storage for as long as you are employed.
Additional benefits, such as paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training & development opportunities, social events and wellness programming are also available. We are constantly reevaluating our benefits to ensure they meet the needs of our employees.
In an effort to protect our employees and our patients, Kindbody strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. However, some states are requiring that all healthcare workers be fully vaccinated. Candidates seeking employment at Kindbody in the following states will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccine prior to your start date of employment: California, Colorado, Illinois, New York, New Jersey and Washington. All other states are exempt from this requirement. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine because of a qualifying legal reason, you may request an exception to this requirement from the Company
Kindbody is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunity in all of our employment and hiring policies and practices and believe that a more diverse and inclusive workplace will benefit our patients, care partners, and Kindbody employees. We administer our employment and hiring policies and practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, military service, military or veteran status, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Based on education and years of experience.