PRN Nurse Recovery- Santa Monica
Kindbody is a leading fertility clinic network and family-building benefits provider for employers offering comprehensive virtual and in-person care.
Kindbody's clinically managed program includes fertility assessments and education, fertility preservation, genetic testing, in vitro fertilization (IVF), donor and surrogacy services, and adoption, as well as physical, mental, and emotional support from preconception through postpartum. Kindbody is the trusted fertility benefits provider for 100 employers, covering more than 2.4 million lives. Many thousands more receive their fertility care directly from Kindbody throughout the country at signature clinics, mobile clinics, and partner clinics. As the fertility benefits provider, technology platform, and direct provider of high-quality care, Kindbody delivers a seamless, integrated experience with superior health outcomes at lower cost, making fertility care more affordable and accessible for all.
Kindbody has raised $190 million in funding from leading investors including Perceptive Advisors, GV (formerly Google Ventures), RRE Capital, Claritas Health Ventures, Rock Springs Capital, NFP Ventures, and TQ Ventures. Visit www.kindbody.com. and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Linkedin.
About the Role
As a Recovery Nurse, you will be working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment where you will be relied on for your expertise, professionalism and collaboration. The hours will be determined based on availability and need. The Recovery Nurse is responsible for providing nursing care to preop and post op surgical patients. This includes both male and female patients undergoing surgical procedures such as TESA/MESA/PESA, Egg Retrieval, Hysteroscopy, D &C, and Embryo Transfers. The nurse must demonstrate advanced skills and knowledge in the care of surgery patients. Knowledge of infertility patient care is a plus.
This position reports to the Clinic Nurse Manager and takes direction from the physicians related to patient care needs. The nurse must function independently in the role, and seek assistance from the physicians, manager and team members as needed. Must be well organized, detailed oriented, self-motivated, possess great customer service skills, and excellent communication skills.
Surgical Nursing Responsibilities:
- Pre op and post op assessment and care of post surgical patients.
- Patient assessment, collection and interpretation of pertinent data relevant to patient’s care.
- Proper and complete documentation of patient pre op assessments, any interventions, and patient’s post op recovery.
- Communication of any patient’s condition to physicians and other providers as appropriate.
- Discharge of patients with provider approval as condition dictates.
- Detail oriented approach to paperwork, ensuring it is signed, accurate and complete
- Ensure all consent forms are complete and signed including IVF retrieval consents
- Perform and document post- op calls with patients.
- Handle emergent situations calmly and efficiently, responding quickly and demonstrating knowledge of emergency procedures and equipment.
Who You Are
- Current RN license in the State of CA
- BLS and ACLS Certification
- Minimum of one year of previous experience related to operating room nursing and/or PACU, and or critical care experience required.
- Minimum of three years nursing experience in other Nursing roles.
- Experienced in EMR and G-Suite
- Strong phlebotomy skills
- Experience in and a passion for women’s health, fertility is a plus
- Strong communication skills & a team player
- Willingness to be flexible and roll with the punches
- Detail oriented
- Exemplifies strong customer service skills and professionalism
- Must be organized and possess knowledge and skills in nursing care of the surgery patient.
- Must possess a high level of independent judgment and accuracy.
- Must be able to communicate positively and professionally with all staff members and patients.
- Exhibit courteous, compassionate and respectful treatment of internal and external customers. Display a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations.
Perks and Benefits
Hourly pay range for this position is: $50.00 - $70.00 depending on years of experience.
Kindbody values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. We are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits to our full time employees, such as paid vacation and sick time; paid time off to vote; medical, dental and vision insurance; FSA + HSA options; Company-paid life insurance; Short Term + Long Term Disability options; Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks fully paid dependent on years of service); 401k plans; free Peloton membership, monthly guided meditation and two free cycles of IVF/IUI or egg freezing and free egg storage for as long as you are employed.
Additional benefits, such as paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training & development opportunities, social events and wellness programming are also available. We are constantly reevaluating our benefits to ensure they meet the needs of our employees.
In an effort to protect our employees and our patients, Kindbody strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. However, some states are requiring that all healthcare workers be fully vaccinated. Candidates seeking employment at Kindbody in the following states will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccine prior to your start date of employment: California, Colorado, Illinois, New York, New Jersey and Washington. All other states are exempt from this requirement. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine because of a qualifying legal reason, you may request an exception to this requirement from the Company.
Kindbody is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunity in all of our employment and hiring policies and practices and believe that a more diverse and inclusive workplace will benefit our patients, care partners, and Kindbody employees. We administer our employment and hiring policies and practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, military service, military or veteran status, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Based on education and years of experience.
Something looks off?