Clinical Manager (Registered Nurse Manager)- Los Altos
Kindbody is a leading fertility clinic network and family-building benefits provider for employers offering comprehensive virtual and in-person care.
Kindbody's clinically managed program includes fertility assessments and education, fertility preservation, genetic testing, in vitro fertilization (IVF), donor and surrogacy services, and adoption, as well as physical, mental, and emotional support from preconception through postpartum. Kindbody is the trusted fertility benefits provider for more than 110 employers, covering more than 2.4 million lives. Many thousands more receive their fertility care directly from Kindbody throughout the country at signature clinics, mobile clinics, and partner clinics. As the fertility benefits provider, technology platform, and direct provider of high-quality care, Kindbody delivers a seamless, integrated experience with superior health outcomes at lower cost, making fertility care more affordable and accessible for all.
Visit www.kindbody.com. and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Linkedin.
About the Role
As an experienced Clinical Manager reporting to our Practice Manager, you will be working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment where you will be relied on for your expertise, professionalism, and collaboration. This is a management position for a Registered Nurse. This role is a full time position and is based out of our Los Altos Clinic located at 4756 El Camino Real, Los Altos, CA 94022
- Oversee team of nurses, medical assistants, and sonographers, the clinical team, to ensure they are meeting their day to day responsibilities
- Provide regular feedback to nurses, medical assistants, and sonographers on performance
- Help execute an onboarding program for the clinical team. Onboarding role involves, but is not limited to, executing training materials, training in all nursing SOPs, training on the process for documentation, and shadowing / coaching
- Work with customer leadership to ensure answering all clinical customer questions utilizing the clinical team.
- Work with finance team to ensure clinical team overhead is inline with budget and continue to push for budget improvement
- Ensure MAs are clearly trained and communicated to in regards to patient coordination roles
- Ensure Sonographers are clearly trained and communicated to in regards to patient coordination roles
- Manage patient conversion lists are executed for all locations, by holding regular meetings with appropriate clinical staff to ensure coordination is being handled
- Update and maintain Anticipated List for market to communicate anticipated cycle volume
- Oversee clinical staff (RN, MA, Sonographers) schedules in conjunction with Sr. Director of Clinical Operations to ensure there is appropriate in-office support, cross-team collaboration, patient recovery support, and 24/7 customer support by team members
- Manage schedule of per-diem nurses, if per-diem nurse are utilized in market
- Manage time cards for clinical employees (nurses, MAs, phlebotomists, sonographers)
- Oversee procedural scheduling for all OR cases and ensure the appropriate teams, including external anesthesia team, are aware of and available for cases. Oversee procedural scheduling for embryo transfers and IUIs.
- Ensure patient satisfaction by communicating with patients who have issues or complaints and escalate complaints as needed.
- Educate patients on infertility evaluations, medications, treatment protocols and procedures
- Work with nurses to oversee patients’ cycling process - injection training, consent reviews, medication questions, and answer general process questions throughout the cycle
- Conduct nursing visits
- Ensure each patient is seen by a nurse during Cycle Visits
- Perform pre- and post-operative care of patients
- Coordinates patient treatment plans, such as Egg Freezing, IUI, In Vitro Fertilization and Frozen Embryo Transfers
- Follow RN Coordination Workflow for appropriate and complete coordination of cycles
- Ensure competition of Fast-Track coordination
- Provides patient/couple counseling, procedure teaching, communicates physician orders and instructions
- Ensure all patient information is documented appropriately in our EMR according to our procedures
- Oversee daily meeting with physician(s) to review cycling patient’s lab results and ultrasound images and ensure accurate and timely updating of patient instructions
- Routine phlebotomy as needed
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional and psychological support to patients and patients’ families
- Works independently to assure the program goals are achieved
- Support and promote excellence in customer service
- Provide feedback to HQ on process improvement and job specifications to help gain efficiencies in your day to day
Who You Are
- 5+ years experience as a nurse in a fertility practice or Ob/GYN; fertility experience preferred
- Prior management experience preferred
- Current Registered Nurse license in market
- BLS and ACLS Certification
- Experienced in EMR and G-Suite
- Ultrasound experience preferred
- Strong phlebotomy skills
- Able to start intravenous access (IVs)
- Experience in and a passion for women’s health, fertility is a plus
- Strong communication skills & a team player
- Detail oriented
- Exemplifies strong customer service skills and professionalism
Perks and Benefits
Pay range for this position: $100,000.00 - $110,000.00 depending on years of experience.
Kindbody values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. We are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits to our full time employees, such as paid vacation and sick time; paid time off to vote; medical, dental and vision insurance; FSA + HSA options; Company-paid life insurance; Short Term + Long Term Disability options; Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks fully paid dependent on years of service); 401k plans; monthly guided meditation and two free cycles of IVF/IUI or egg freezing and free egg storage for as long as you are employed.
Additional benefits, such as paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training & development opportunities, social events and wellness programming are also available. We are constantly reevaluating our benefits to ensure they meet the needs of our employees.
Kindbody is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunity in all of our employment and hiring policies and practices and believe that a more diverse and inclusive workplace will benefit our patients, care partners, and Kindbody employees. We administer our employment and hiring policies and practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, military service, military or veteran status, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
In an effort to protect our employees and our patients, Kindbody strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. However, some states are requiring that all healthcare workers be fully vaccinated. Candidates seeking employment at Kindbody in the following states will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccine prior to your start date of employment: California, Colorado, Illinois, New York, New Jersey and Washington. All other states are exempt from this requirement. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine because of a qualifying legal reason, you may request an exception to this requirement from the Company.
Kindbody provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Something looks off?