Business Product Manager
The Business Product Manager works as a member of the Operations Business Product team to help maximize the value of the product & systems and the work of the Platform Development Teams. The role works intimately with the Operations Process Management team and the Development Teams. The Business Product Manager will work with the business on new and existing systems, platforms, and processes to determine what feature enhancements and/or changes are necessary, and how they will be prioritized. This role is responsible for acting as a Business Product Owner for larger, more complex projects with high value to the organization. The Business Product Manager is a member of the Agile team and works to ensure features meet the user’s needs and comply with the definition of done or ready. The primary task is to create and manage the Product Backlog and to ensure everyone knows the priorities of the Product Backlog and is typically the individual closest to the business side priorities and business value.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
Planning, Preparation, and Business Readiness
- Create and articulate vision, epics, and roadmap for the product
- With assistance from necessary groups, determine the CBA to better understand the potential ROI for product revisions
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience, integration, and dependencies
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, and prioritizing the Product Backlog according to business value for the life of the project
- Participate in planning activities and proactively partner with other Product Owners for dependent platforms to ensure alignment
- Responsible for presenting product roadmap and feature content in Program Increment planning events
- Ensure backlog is refined and accurately reflects business needs including what is required for acceptance of the work
- Act as primary voice to the organization regarding development of products which you own
- Works across functional teams to define and implement improvement stories that will increase the velocity and quality of the program
Analysis and Execution
- Assess business value of and prioritize stories, features, and epics to ensure work is focused on maximum value in alignment with business and product strategy
- Ensure sufficient testing is performed, and provide business signoff for releases
Support, Communication, and Alignment
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand perspectives, provide delivery updates, and obtain feedback
- Partner with team(s) to adopt organization definition of ready and definition of done, and customize for product specific needs
- Work with team(s) and other subject matter experts to provide appropriate level of detail for progressive sizing activities
- Recommend improvements that will increase efficiency and skill level in the Business Product Owner practice
- Participate in the agile community, both internal to Assurant and external with other Product Owner practitioners
- Participate in the Agile Release Train Iteration Retrospective and are active in the Inspect and Adapt (I&A) workshop
- May coach and mentor other Product Owners and team members when applicable
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- PMP Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or 5+ years of experience in a business/technology-focused field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to process complex time sensitive data and information from multiple sources, make decisions and communicate actions.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, concurrently. Has professional presence, polish, and demeanor to engage with all levels within the organization.
- Has ability to build relationships and influence with cross functional teams
- Builds trust, respect and rapport through information exchange and mutual problem solving
- Has ability to connect personally, demonstrate knowledge of client’s business and communicate our value
- Navigates effectively through Assurant’s organization and utilizes tools, technologies and people to effectively deliver the client business solutions
- Has ability to deliver effective presentations and communicate business objectives
- Can drive change effectively
- Can deliver on results
- Team Player- has successfully demonstrated good business judgment in client and internal engagements
- Is self-motivated
- Has drive and passion
- Inspires themselves and others
- Is persistent and resilient
- Maintains a positive mental attitude
- See no barriers so easily overcomes “barriers”
- Demonstrates comfortable confidence
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) Certification or equivalent
- Mastery of any or all of Microsoft ADO, JIRA, SQL
- Advanced degree or 8+ years of experience in a technology-focused field
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong tactical skills, with the ability to quickly identify operational inefficiencies or waste and formulate actionable plans to address
Pay Range:$71,300.00 - $119,100.00
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.