Manager Manufacturing Operations
This job is responsible for managing all direct production activities and will manage other areas, in the off shift hours for all other production-related activities (engineering, quality, material handling, logistics, etc).
This is an onsite role within our La Vergne TN facility.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Coordinate all production activities from planning through shipping with departmental managers to ensure the total repair / manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner
- Ensure processes exist and are followed on Critical to Quality functions
- Establish and monitor overall repair performance for production and quality standards
- Manage multiple buildings and must travel between building for management and production issues
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the operational goals and objectives
- Provide direction, development and leadership to assigned Production Supervisors on both shifts
- Assist with program budget, schedule and technical direction
- Collaborates with Director of Operations and other facility Management personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions
- Hires, develops, evaluates, and (when necessary) disciplines and discharges subordinate personnel or makes authoritative recommendations in such matter
- Develops function-specific orientation and training programs for area personnel. Establishes standards for effective job performance and evaluates subordinates according to such standards
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of an effective organization for area(s) of responsibility, including: a) efficient work flow patterns; b) established performance standards; c) effective delineation of duties and responsibilities; d) suitable staffing levels; e) appropriate supervision; and f) systems for timely communication of pertinent information
- Responsible for the development, implementation, documentation, and monitoring of an ongoing quality assurance program for areas of responsibility by leveraging Lean 6 Sigma principles
- Within Repair and Logistic Operations will work in conjunction with New Product Development to assist with new product development and process modifications
- Create and/or modify processes to allow for the processing and servicing of new accounts and products, as well as improving existing processes when practical and cost effective
- Participates in programs for safety, fire prevention and disaster recovery. Ensures the development of specific plans for inclusion in these programs
- Serves as liaison with other organizational departments. Establishes and maintains the working rapport necessary to develop cooperation and effectively integrate production services into the company’s overall business fulfillment system
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 8 years in a supervisory / management role in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of five years manufacturing experience
- Experience with Automation in a fast paced environment
- Ability to understand baseline performance and create plan to improve
- Experience in managing functions through reporting and physical ques
- Must be able to use a PC and demonstrate proficiency with MS Word and Excel
- Ability to interact effectively and positively with all levels of Company personnel
- Ability to work in a changing fast paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Five to ten years production management / production supervisory experience
- Lean manufacturing in a production environment
- Experience in Automation introduction on a shop floor
- Wireless repair / OEM manufacturing experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of Wireless production / OEM manufacturing processes
- Familiar with basic electronics equipment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to use a personal computer and data enter information
- Basic math skills and the ability to complete a basic hand written forms/documents
Pay Range:$71,300.00 - $119,100.00
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.