This role will be a part of conceiving, designing, developing, and maintaining innovative products for operations that may include robotics, mechatronics, sortation solutions, packaging automation, storage, material handling or other hardware solutions.
This is an onsite role in our La Vergne TN office.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Create original detailed designs of unusual and complex machinery utilizing SolidWorks and other engineering software with limited direction from leadership
- Applications development, requirements gathering, concept generation, architecture creation, and specification writing
- Support the project management team by leading design reviews, creating schedules, tracking project costs, and estimating budgets
- Manage bill-of-materials (BOMs), select vendors, obtain quotes, create purchase requests, and inspect received components
- Select vendors for manufacturing
- Provide training and guidance to lower-level engineers
- Lead the construction, initialization, setup, and installation of machinery
- Lead facility/site acceptance testing (FAT/SAT)
- Resolve issues related to assembly and installation of machinery
- Lead troubleshooting of machinery in operation
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 5+ years’ experience using SolidWorks 3D in a professional workplace
- 5+ years’ experience using MS Office software including, Work, Excel, Outlook
- 1+ years’ experience using Product Data Management software (e.g. SolidWorks PDM, Windchill, AutoDesk Vault)
- 1+ years’ experience using finite element analysis (FEA) software (e.g. SolidWorks Simulation, Ansys, Nastran)
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical design principles, shop practices, troubleshooting and testing
- Ability and desire to lead project plans and direct engineering staff
- Advanced knowledge of documentation and communication of technical subject matter
- Advanced knowledge of the elements of designing and detailing components manufactured by processes including machining, sheet metal forming, welding, and additive manufacturing
- Advanced knowledge of the elements of automated machinery, including Robots, pneumatics, conveyors, and frames
- Advanced knowledge of design techniques, automation techniques and principles involved in creation of automation and test stations and machines
- Advanced understanding of automated systems and the supplier network that supports it to select and recommend the correct components at or below budget requirements
- Advanced knowledge of Design for Manufacturability and Assembly to ensure ease of assembly and maintenance
- Advanced knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials, and finishes
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Associate or Bachelor of Science degree in engineering
- SolidWorks certification
- Experience using standard measuring tools for the purpose of reverse engineering and quality control
- Demonstrate familiarity with automation technologies within the Automotive, Consumer Product or Medical Device Industries
- Demonstrate familiarity with component presentation, feed systems, dispensing, marking (label printing & application, thermal transfer, ink jet printing), industrial vision, and sensing
- Demonstrate familiarity with motion control, including servo, ac motors, and linear motors
Pay Range:$84,100.00 - $140,500.00
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.