Associate Data Engineer
India · Remote
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
Job Purpose :
- Associate Data Engineer reports to the Manager of Data Services and is responsible for developing Data Engineering solutions within established guidelines and standards.
- This role assists with building massive reservoirs for big data, to support ML and statistical models for Data Scientists & Statisticians.
- Associate Data Engineer assists with research and building of proof of concepts to test out theories recommended by Senior and Lead Data Engineers.
Primary Job Accountabilities/ Responsibilities :
- Gains a thorough understanding of the requirements and ensure that work product aligns with customer requirements.
- Works within the established development guidelines, standards, methodologies, and naming conventions
- Builds processes to ingest, process and store massive amount of data.
- Assists with optimization the performance of bigdata ecosystems.
- Wrangles data in support of data science projects
- Performs productionization of ML and statistical models for Data Scientists & Statisticians
- Develops, constructs, tests, and maintains scalable data solutions for structured and unstructured data to support reporting, analytics, ML and AI
- Assists with research and building of proof of concepts to test out theories recommended by Senior and Lead Data Engineers
- Work complexity is low and help from senior team members is expected. Staff Data Engineers work requires the application of a wide variety of established processes or methods.
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Bachelor of Science in a related field preferred or working towards it
- A total minimum of 3 years of design and development experience.
Environmental / Physical Demands:
- This position requires incumbents to regularly sit at a desk and operate standard office equipment such as a computer and phone.
- Employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, lift, carry and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to talk and hear.
- Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of CRISP-DM methodology relevant to Data Engineering i.e: Data preparation and Deployment.
- Knowledge in Big Data technologies, concepts, and their applications for data processing.
- Advanced knowledge of Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing.
- Knowledge in fundamentals of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence using Microsoft technologies.
- Performance tuning and code optimization in SQL.
- Data profiling and dimension modeling techniques and creation of logical and physical data models.
- Experience working with job scheduling tools.
- Experience with SQL, Python, Linux Shell Scripting or MS Power Shell, Spark, NoSQL
- Experience with Cloud Service Models: PaaS, IaaS, SaaS