Shared Services Operations Specialist
- Follows standard procedural guidelines for performing tasks.
- Responsible for performing loss draft and property damage requirements including processing checks, working loss drafts queues, basic analysis and research.
- Responds to written and verbal customer requests, inquiries, and complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Provides assistance and back up as needed to meet client requirements and SLA’s.
- Provides high level of accuracy in check handling
- Handles other duties/projects based on business needs.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Initially tasks are basic and routine, more experienced associates will perform tasks that are moderate in complexity and often non-routine.
- Initially works in a single functional environment due to limited knowledge and skill set. More experienced associates will work in a multi-client or multi-functional environment.
- Researches items received via reports, tasks/client referrals, and correspondence.
- Makes appropriate telephone calls to resolve issue.
- Follows client’s standard policies and procedures as a guide for accurately applying loss drafts processes and resolving customer inquires.
- At the direction of management, will handle additional/other temporary assignments. Such assignments may be made with short notice and last for an indefinite period of time.
- Responds to various client / customer loss draft requests.
- Works efficiently in client and company proprietary applications.
- Demonstrates solid technical knowledge and quality performance.
- Meets behavioral expectations: attendance, teamwork, and organizational contributions.
- Maintains secure check handling environment.
- High School diploma or GED
- Knowledge and Skills
- Good verbal/written communication skills
- Solid work quality, accuracy and proficiency
- Sound analytical skills
- Solid internal and external communication skills
- General system application and processing knowledge
- Solid customer service skills
- Previous Experience
- Minimum 1 year experience in insurance, banking, finance, mortgage servicing or related experience/education
- Cash handling experience preferred.
Check capacity for each activity in an eight-hour day:
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Pay Range:$15.50 - $24.03
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.