Sr Technical Product Owner
The Sr. Technical Product Owner will be responsible for defining and delivering the technical product roadmap, ensuring that the product meets customer needs and business goals. This role will work closely with development teams to ensure the product is delivered on time and within budget. The ideal candidate should have a strong technical background, excellent communication skills, and a passion for delivering high-quality software products.
This position will be onsite at our Lewisville, TX location.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Writes functional and technical user stories that clearly communicate customer/stakeholder needs to the Agile team, accepts stories once complete • Understands and supports inter-team dependencies, and escalates issues when necessary.
- Fluent with the technical requirements, wireframes, and Assurant development/architecture and environments.
- Attends all client technical grooming and dev meetings.
- Key liaison to achieve an on-time MVP launch.
- Troubleshoots any operational issues or backend solution updates.
- With Agile team, sets and communicates release date and scope. Attends team events (e.g. daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint review). Works with team members to ensure products are working in production (depending on DevOps model).
- Lead stakeholder meetings to identify opportunities and product priorities.
- Continuously groom the development backlog through recurring iterations of user story development and prioritization.
- Prioritize development backlog items based on product strategy, business value to the customer, implementation cost, and resource availability.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 5+ years of experience in a requirement gathering and documentation (e.g. Product Owner, Business Analyst, SME, or process owner role).
- 3+ years of experience directing a team of 5+ people preferred; additional business or technical training may be required.
- 2+ years of experience using SQL.
- 3+ years of experience working with Process flows (Visio) and solution diagrams using Microsoft Visio or similar tools.
- Experience with Agile development process; Agile SAFe certification a plus.
- Strong Communication and program management skills.
- Good understanding of customer needs and business strategy.
- Proven track record of solution design.
- Experience with developing productive relationships with both technical and non-technical partners.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical field.
- Previous Insurance, Wireless (Cell Phone Industry), OEMs, experience.
- Previous Telecom/Mobile experience.
Pay Range:$99,200.00 - $165,600.00
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.