Technical Support Administrator (Desktop)
Technical Support Administrator (Desktop)
Flexible Working; 3 days working in the office, 2 days working from home
Who are we?
Assurant, Inc. is a global leader in business services for the connected world. Our lifestyle and housing solutions help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and provide a great experience for their customers. We support, connect and service over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 500, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
Common Sense, Common Decency, Uncommon Thinking and Uncommon Results guide our every action at Assurant. These values inspire our commitment to be a responsible corporate citizen.
We are recruiting a Technical Support Administrator to join our global ICS team. Reporting to the Head of Platform Operations, you will provide efficient IT Services & Support for all staff in our Amsterdam office and across our European sites. This includes;
- Support internal customers desktop environment (hardware, operating systems & applications)
- Support all aspects of Assurant on site IT Infrastructure.
- Ensuring that all escalated incidents and requests are dealt within agreed Service level agreements.
- Ensure the security or Assurant's IT Infrastructure and Disaster Recovery provisions are tested and meet our requirements.
- Provide business lead and IT change request, work requests and projects as assigned.
You will deliver the continued provision of business-critical systems and information.
This role will require some out of hours working and occasional travel to Assurant Europe sites.
Other responsibilities include;
- Providing IT services and support locally to our Amsterdam site. remotely to other Europe sites and staff working from home across Europe (~2k+ users across 11 Assurant sites, outsourced business partner locations and 3rd party facilities)
- Ensure that all own and direct teams' incidents and requests are dealt within agreed Service level agreements.
- Ensure accurate and detailed recording in IT Service Desk tools.
- Maintaining and supporting all site-specific IT infrastructure.
- Support wider Platform Operations environment when required - Infrastructure (Servers & Network), Desktop, Telephone and Database support.
- Take ownership of incidents and requests, to identify causes, implement fixes and keep customers updated.
- Analyse incident and request trends to identify IT Service improvement
- Act as a technical resource on technical and business-related projects and changes.
You will have the following skills;
- Fluent in English and Dutch (C1), both verbal and written communication skills. French (B1) is desirable (not essential) as work will be carried out in close collaboration with the France and UK teams in support of both local and European colleagues.
- Experience working in a similar role for a multi-site organisation of ~1000 end users.
- Experience working in a medium to large IT team for a non-IT company in the financial or insurance industry.
- Certification in recognised technical training is highly desired
- A qualification or knowledge in their area of technical specialty.
- Must have good technical working knowledge
- Experienced in using, implementing, maintaining and supporting
- Hardware & software for desktops, laptops, tablets, audio visual equipment, smart phones and printers.
- IP telephone systems (to perform Config and Support).
- Microsoft Office 365 suite of applications including SharePoint, Teams.
- Active Directory administration (Users and Computers)
- Network & wireless technologies.
- ITIL knowledge.
Competitive salary and benefits package to include;
- Up to €4,200 gross per month depending on experience
- 8% holiday
- Annual bonus paid in December
- Premium free pension and WIA insurance
- Travel & working from home allowance
- Care & welfare allowance (€45 net per month)
- €50 net on your birthday!
- Internal Wellbeing Programme
- LinkedIn Learning
- Learning and Development opportunities
At Assurant, diversity helps us inspire creativity in the global marketplace, and we are believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
We look forward to receiving your application!