Associate Accountant - India
This role is instrumental in helping the Controllership team establish and maintain internal financial controls and procedures for the company in Accounts Receivable process.
While supporting Lead Accountant (India), some of the key responsibilities include:
- Ensure revenue and expenses related to business are booked accurately and completely in a timely manner.
- Prepare invoices for all relevant entities on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Ensure invoices are prepared with correct currency and country-specific taxes are applied.
- Monitor bank accounts for all relevant entities to ensure all monies received is allocated accurately and in a timely manner.
- Monitor and follow up for clearing of unaccounted amounts in the bank statement.
- Monitor ageing of accounts receivable & follow up amounts outstanding.
- Ensure all tax compliance associated with Accounts Receivable.
- Ensure that aged outstanding amounts for accounts receivable show improvement.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure escalations are resolved.
- Respond to enquiries from internal and external customers within agreed timelines.
- Support Lead Accountant in contribution to identify process gaps, bringing in process efficiencies and robust process controls.
- Support Lead Accountant comply with all Global accounting policies and procedures with no deviations from required treatment and issues to be raised with manager for discussion to ensure no surprises.
- Assist with Month-end / Quarter End close process.
- Assist with responses to internal audit, statutory audit, tax audit, transfer pricing audit, statutory authorities and due diligence queries where required.