Learning & Development Specialist
Why work with Assurant?
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Problems easier to solve. We come from a variety of countries, cultures, and backgrounds, but we are united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking, and uncommon results.
So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas, and we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive.
Some of the benefits we offer to our team members are:
- Development programs & LinkedIn learning courses as well as study grants and support for higher education
- International and Local mentoring programs
- Wellbeing programs – meditation, mindfulness
- Diversity panels and employee resource groups
- 6 weeks paid parental leave, and accrued Superannuation/Kiwi Saver contributions while on unpaid leave paid into their Superannuation/KiwiSaver fund on their return to work.
- Cultural day off to celebrate what’s important to you
- Volunteering opportunities to give back to a cause that is important to you
What's the role about?
We are seeking an individaul who is passionate about learning and developing team members!
The L&D Specialist will serve as an integral part of the ANZ & Singapore People Org Team and is accountable for designing and executing a wide range of engaging and effective learning and performance support solutions to advance skills and capabilities across our team, and creating measurable value to Assurant.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Consult with people business partners, subject matter experts and key business stakeholders to understand business objectives, determine appropriate learning needs and recommend solutions on current and future priorities
- Build a deep understanding of the business - where we are, where we are headed, strengths and challenges - and build strong business relationships so we are positioned to diagnose current and anticipate future needs
- Keep up to date on best practices, industry and digital trends as it relates to people leader and professional development & facilitation techniques, and work with the Talent function to ensure we are leveraging existing programs and platforms, and designing high quality learning programs and solutions
- Facilitate live in-person and virtual learning sessions, creating a productive environment for all learners to share, practice and network
- Demonstrate expert presentation, time-management and organizational skills when facilitating interventions, allowing participants to focus on their learning
- Proactively keep key stakeholders informed of plans and progress, and remain informed of what solutions are available, when and how to access
- Develop project plans and track deliverables to ensure quality goals and timelines are achieved
- Leverage the Assurant Talent team to access existing solutions and interventions that may be relevant and applied for the ANZ business
Does this sound like you?
- 3+ years working in Learning & Development or related function
- 3+ years experience with L+D partnering, defining learning solutions, facilitation, program design
- Bachelor of Business, HR, or related field
- Working in a fast-paced organization within the technology, mobile, or financial services sectors
- Internal coaching of people managers
- Familiarity with Workday LMS
- Use of Rise360, Articulate, and Docebo platforms
- Use of Zoom and MS Teams tools to facilitate virtual classrooms
If you think you are a perfect fit for this role, please click the link to apply.
Submit your resume accompanied by a cover letter detailing your experiences and suitability for the role. The successful applicant will be subject to relevant background checks such as reference checks and a police check.
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences, and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
For further information about Assurant, please visit our website: https://www.assurant.com/