Senior Administrative Assistant
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Administrative Assistant who will be the face of Assurant for our Albany, OR office!
Reporting to the AVP of Operations, the Senior Administrative Assistant will greet guests, clients and employees and provide overall support for the staff and building.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Greets and announces clients, new hires, applicants, and visitors. Follows security procedures for recording guests, suppliers, and other visitors.
- Performs general clerical duties for receiving, sorting and distributing office paperwork, packages, and mail as required. Uses tracking systems to record inbound and outbound documents, courier, freight, and mail. Follows location procedures for inbound deliveries.
- Process company invoices, check requests, and expense reporting for Management credit card expenses.
- Manage G&A Budget.
- Orders office supplies and other common-use items for the location and off-site employees.
- Assist with special projects with client services and operations.
- Oversee and maintain office equipment for uninterrupted function, identify needs and acquire supplies, manage vendor relationships, and coordinate food deliveries when needed.
- Assist in onboarding process for new hires.
- Manage and communicate budget updates with the leadership team.
- Deepen community partnerships.
- Support the recruitment and retention of our employees.
- Day to day management of call center operation activities, building support, and support of the call center leadership team.
- Schedule meetings, maintain leadership calendars.
- Attend meetings, take and distribute notes.
- Compliance research and reporting as necessary.
- Maintain digital database.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- 2 + years administrative support or other relevant experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong customer service and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of organization.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and determine priorities and requests for action in management's absence.
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to identify needs and initiates administrative projects.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Passionate about following through with commitments.
- Strong attendance and punctuality a must.
- Prior experience in corporate environment a plus.
- Must live within distance to our Albany OR office.
Pay Range:$22.03 - $36.36
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.