Director of Operations ANZ
The Operations Director ANZ provides effective leadership and direction to operations teams, proactively leveraging their knowledge and expertise to establish best practice, cost efficient operations, ongoing refinement of processes, and the creation and execution of strategies to support delivery of the business objectives, goals, and client experience targets and measures.
Key deliverables and responsibilities for the role include:
- ensuring country operations are positioned for profitable growth
- scalable processes and systems to respond quickly to new opportunities
- providing a superior end-to-end journey for customers, clients and partners
- delivering strong foundational operations activities, specifically the onboarding of new clients and programs, call centre management, claims adjudication, and service network management
- leading, inspiring and developing the operations team for ongoing success and culturally engaging modern work environment
The Operations Director will also need to meet and fill various regulatory requirements including but not limited to the Agent in Australia & New Zealand.
As the Operations Director for ANZ, you will be responsible for:
- Leading all Auto and Connected Living lines of business including the operational platform in our new Auburn Device Care Centre and legacy Alegre business working closely with the Supply Chain organisation
- Refining the Australia and New Zealand operational processes to deliver on contracted client service level agreements and measures.
- Partner with senior management in the implementation of key strategic initiatives to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and improve the level of service provided to clients and customers.
- Deliver operations best practices across multiple lines of business and product streams within the business, driving standardization to reduce the use of non-standard processes and setups.
- Provide thought leadership pertaining to service level management, advancing Enterprise Operations and LOB leadership to adopt best practices.
- Partner with the business development team to ensure understanding of the proposals presented to clients, the progress of deal negotiations and the timelines by which the deals will be signed, including implementation timeline expectations.
- Participate in the deal team presentations as required to present the approach to prospective clients and subsequently work closely with clients to align approaches, timelines and milestone deliverables.
- Manage efficient real-time service level attainment and maximize resource efficiency.
- Investigate and implement self service options for call centre team operations, evaluating cost benefit of automation, and adjusting the workforce processes as required to leverage technology advancement
- Develop, document and distribute best practices and manage standardization and uniformity across call centre teams and operations.
- Analyse, interpret, and act upon historical and real-time call centre data and trends, recognize and communicate opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure KPI’s and SLA’s, budgets, and contractual client requirements are achieved
- Coach, develop, and grow team members to drive individual and business performance
- Create a culture of feedback across the Operations department, and strong relationships across functions and lines of business
- Manage teams to meet individual product and line of business service level objectives
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members, internal partners, and clients across the organization and in all supported functional areas.
- Proactively communicate to all levels of operations leadership and drive process improvement through team, customer and business recommendations.
- Perform ad hoc analysis as needed to ensure success of customer experience projects.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 10 years of related business operations experience
- Delivered in customer-focused senior leadership positions where the customer experience journey is continuously assessed, analysed, and data used to inform processes improvements.
- Experience with various channels used by customers to interact and provide feedback (face to face, telephone, website, mobile applications, etc.)
- Skilled at translating client/customer needs to company policies, procedures and process flow maps.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to interact and build relationships to effectively influence across teams and functional partners.
- Ability to appropriately challenge and push for results.
- Self-motivated to work to complete multiple projects/tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Proven ability to build talent and develop strong working relationships with business partners.
- Experience working in a rapidly changing environment, requiring prioritization and multi-tasking skills to support both strategic and tactical needs from ideation through execution.
- Ability to lead and inspire across multiple physical and remote locations and manage diverse elements of complex projects/processes for people, tasks, communication, change, etc. to drive optimal outcomes and results.
- Passionate about customer experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Creative, yet detail oriented.
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences, and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.