Why work with Assurant?
The world is more connected than ever. Smart technology is empowering connectivity everywhere, from our phones and wearables to our homes and cars. Assurant supports the businesses that are advancing the connected world for their customers, making technology more accessible and eco-friendly. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas, and we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive.
What's the role about?
This role is responsible for working across multiple channels to optimise commercial performance. The Commercial Analyst supports the business to achieve key objectives with a focus on supporting sales channel performance.
- Manage sell pricing for a diverse range of refurbished technology products across all sale channels to maximise sales and profitability
- Perform regular competitor analysis to determine benchmark pricing and anticipate market moving events
- Manage fixed purchase pricing for device trade-in channels
- Work closely with suppliers to understand product availability and upcoming purchasing opportunities
- Work with Bulk Buyers to both administer auctions and cooperate when competing for stock available from/tendered by suppliers
- Coordinate with sales team to meet stock requirements and identify sales/promotional opportunities
- Work with key stakeholders to continuously review and implement sales strategy by channel and facilitate expansion to new channels
- Analyse and understand sales results and outcomes from different channels and constantly evaluate next best use of product
- Evaluate and report on product performance: Manage product range and mitigate risk associated with slow moving products and overstocks
- Develop and maintain reporting (ongoing and ad hoc) across all business functions including sales, operations, finance.
- Utilise existing reporting tools in Tableau environment and expand functionality where necessary to understand all aspects of stock flow, sales performance and operational performance to influence business decisions by providing analytical insights
Some of the benefits we offer to our team members are:
- Development programs & LinkedIn learning courses as well as study grants and support for higher education
- Cultural day off to celebrate what’s important to you
- International and Local mentoring programs
- Discounted Employee Share Purchase Program
- Diversity panels and employee resource groups
- 6 weeks paid parental leave and Superannuation contributions while on unpaid leave
- Hybrid work model - 2 days onsite, 3 days remote
- Novated vehicle leasing
- Volunteering opportunities to give back to a cause that is important to you
Does this sound like you?
- Commerce / Finance or related Bachelor degree
- 2+ years experience in similar role
- Commercial acumen and agility
- Understanding of supply planning, purchasing, channel optimisation and pricing in online retail environment
- Extremely strong excel modelling/calculation skills with a focus on data accuracy and an ability to creatively problem solve
- Flexible mindset and ability to successfully prioritize important tasks across the role
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a small team driving rapid growth
- Autonomous and adaptable to an ever changing business environment
- Extremely well planned, able to work to firm deadlines and results driven
If you think you are a fit for this role, please click the link to apply.
Submit your resume and cover letter detailing your experiences and suitability for the role.
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences, and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
The successful applicant will be subject to relevant background checks such as reference checks and a police check.
For further information about Assurant, please visit our website: https://www.assurant.com/