Technical Accountant Manager
Technical Accounting Manager
Location Crewe, Cheshire
Remote Working Opportunities Available
Who are we?
Assurant, Inc. is a global leader in business services for the connected world. Our lifestyle and housing solutions help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and provide a great experience for their customers. We support, connect and service over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 500, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
Common Sense, Common Decency, Uncommon Thinking and Uncommon Results guide our every action at Assurant. These values inspire our commitment to be a responsible corporate citizen.
Our continued year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. We are recruiting a Technical Accounting Manager to join our Finance team. Reporting to the UK Finance Controller, you will oversee the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of financial data in our general ledger and associated systems across the Connected Living lines of business.
Other responsibilities include;
- Oversee the daily running and coordination of a Control team of 4 people
- Oversee the period end process for preparing financial results, including period end provisions for outstanding claims and IBNR have been correctly made
- Maintain the internal control structure around the underwriting result process, including the completeness and accuracy of the recording of underwriting transactions in the production systems
- Oversee the European Supply Chain Team activities to ensure control of financial assets, such as stock, are correctly accounted for and controlled.
- Ensure Supply Chain Financial Goals are monitored and challenged with the Supply Chain to ensure Annual Operating Plans for Supply Chain are met.
- Ensure financial control over the Franchisee Repair Store Network
- Oversee the quality of the financial data in the general ledger and associated systems
- Partnering with Actuarial, Underwriting and Client Managers
- Represent Finance to the wider business in matters of data quality, primary systems development and new business take on
You will have the following skills;
- Experience managing a finance team within a mid to large sized organisation
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with minimum 5 years PQE and a high level of technical proficiency
- Advanced spreadsheet skills
Benefits & Training
- Bonus Scheme
- Flexible Working
- Health cash plan
- Savings on everyday purchases and day to day living costs
- Internal Wellbeing Programme
- LinkedIn Learning
- Learning and Development opportunities
We look forward to receiving your application.