Sr Claims Analyst
Senior Claims Analyst
Overview of Position
Manages a high volume of NFIP severe losses and/or complex claim activity. Investigates, adjusts and settles claims of the highest complexity. Represents the Company on complex or escalated claim files with a focus on large losses and represented files, utilizing advanced investigative skills to adjust and negotiate claim settlements with a high degree of accuracy.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Manage a high volume of severe losses and/or complex claim activity. Investigate, adjust and settle claims of the highest complexity.
- Represents the Company on complex or escalated claim files with a focus on large losses and represented files, utilizing advanced investigative skills to adjust and negotiate claim settlements with a high degree of accuracy.
- Represent the company at mediations and as the corporate representative or subject matter expert for depositions.
- Document damage/losses and prepare & review written cost estimates.
- Document claim transactions and prepare and forward internal reports as needed.
- Complete residential or mobile home claim settlement by reaching agreements with insured, claimants, and their representatives up to specified authority.
- Build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
- Effectively collaborate with various departments and levels in the organization.
- Maintain industry knowledge and operational skills by attending workshops, seminars, and other training sessions as appropriate.
- Exercise strong listening, problem solving, and negotiating skills
- Serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Engage in advanced quality assurance activities.
- Use expert problem-solving skills and negotiation techniques to achieve accurate settlement outcomes.
- Support Catastrophe operations as assigned
- Handle other duties and projects as requested based on business needs.
- Assist with peer training and guidance as needed. This will include, but not be limited to, one on one training, providing direction on the file, assuming management of files in appraisal, resolution of complex or disputed files, serving as a resource to others in the resolution of the most complex claim scenarios.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Bachelor’s degree; 5 or more years of property claims adjusting experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expert level knowledge of the construction industry, processes, materials, pricing, estimating techniques and platforms (Xactware)
- NFIP Adjuster FCN Number
- Expert problem-solving skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong investigative research abilities
- Strong organizational, planning and scheduling skills
- Strong attention to detail and decision-making abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask while working independently
- Expert level knowledge of construction industry, processes and materials and pricing.
- Ability to mediate disagreements and resolve differences of opinion to achieve positive outcomes.
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
Pay Range:$69,800.00 - $116,400.00
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.