Lead Software Engineer
Lead Software Engineer
At Assurant, employees are the heart and soul of our company. Our work environment fosters teamwork and collaboration. We provide ways to make meaningful contributions, learn and develop professionally. We encourage creativity and innovation. The more our employees succeed, the better we are able to serve our customers.
As a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, Assurant's businesses offer a variety of products and services that provide opportunity and peace of mind -- but it is our people that set us apart. By listening to what our clients want and truly understanding what they need, Assurant employees develop innovative, customized solutions to help our customers meet their goals and protect them from unforeseen risks.
By working at one of our offices, you will be part of a thriving organization that offers a wealth of opportunity for career growth. We have established a tradition of encouraging employees to focus on their own professional development. Our fundamental belief is that when people have the opportunity to thrive and grow, we all benefit – the person, the business and our customers. If you are interested in discovering all the possibilities Assurant has to offer, then we can bring out the best in you.
The Lead developer is a position requiring working with our International clients, business partners, architects, developers, management and other IT groups to understand and design technical solutions for the desired capabilities.
Collaboration, communication, and problem solving are key skills required. The Lead developers is ultimately responsible for a complete detailed technical design for a given project for the application. The Lead developers must be able to technically lead the senior and junior developers working on the project.
Technical Lead Role and Responsibility:
- Guides and drives the development team on design and build phases of the project
- Communicates frequent with management on project status, issues or news
- Technically leads the developer in the development process, as required
- Promotes and assures team follows the methodology standards and development process standards set by the Architects
- Learns new technologies for the project as needed
- Participate on design reviews
- Leads software reviews for consistency with best practices, standards and architecture guideline including code review
- Proactively finds solutions to problems, document procedures, mentors junior staff on problem resolution approach
- Collaborates and work with the Architects to design the appropriate solution for the project using the Architect guidelines.
- Participates on performing technical evaluations of vendor packages
- Collaborates with Application & Database Architecture in the selection and use of new, unexplored technology and design of projects
- Ensures design is meeting user requirements and expectations
- Analyzes conditions and strategies that effectively minimize implementation risk and/or improve system reliability and performance
- Ensures and facilitates the integrations of components and systems
- Participates on team scrum meetings and with peers, and users
- Demonstrates Leadership, technical guidance, training and mentoring to others in areas of acquired expertise
- Works and meets with the team very frequently to discuss issues, progress, questions, open items, etc.
- Participates on interview of new candidates for the projects
- Completion of Bachelor’s degree in MIS, CS, Technical Certification, etc. and/or 5 - 10 years of experience.
- Application-specific certifications generally considered a plus in the applications areas of focused for the technical lead. If certifications are not in place initially it is expected the lead will pursue and obtain these.
- Technical and none technical Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- String knowledge on Agile and Scrum practices
- Broad knowledge of web applications and infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of distributed systems
- Experience with Micro services design and development
- Experience with cloud application design patterns
- Experience in application architecture, design, and development a plus
- Experience in influencing others, managing conflict and interacting well with individuals throughout the organizational hierarchy
- Previous Experience
- Experience administrating geographically dispersed systems.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in technology services related work.
- Minimum of 4 years of related hardware/software and system technologies.
- Multi-lingual is a plus
Broad knowledge and experience in the use of expertise in distributed technologies including but not limited to Visual Studio .NET, Visual Basic .NET, C#.NET .NET Framework 3.5 & higher, AJAX and Extensible Markup Language (XML & XMLT); IIS 7.0 and higher
Source control tool – ADO
Reporting tool – SSRS and SharePoint
Database technology including Oracle 19c or higher and SQL server 2020 + and PL/SQL and Stored procedures
10% Travel required to remote sites.