Shipping & Receiving Supervisor
The Shipping & Receiving Supervisor oversees the receiving, storage and distribution of all customer product processed by Device Operations. This role plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in operating procedures and working conditions. This person will also be expected to consistently foster a positive work environment via appraising job results, coaching, providing feedback on job performance, and establishing growth opportunities. This role will ensure shipping and receiving goals and customer service level agreements (SLAs) are met.
This is an onsite role in our Mississauga facility with a schedule of Monday-Friday, 10:30AM-7PM EST.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Meets productivity goals and complies with quality standards
- Distribute incoming production to operations teams
- Unload and unpack incoming shipments, record quantities and correspond with shipper to rectify damages and missing shipments
- Coordinate packing and shipping of incoming and outbound orders, determine appropriate methods of shipping and prepare relevant paperwork (labels, shipping, commercial invoice, customs), ensuring accurate customs procedures are followed for all out-of-country shipments.
- Prepare orders for shipping according to terms of customer’s purchase order
- Completes daily shipping and receiving entries in computer system
- Coordinates with production and hub counterparts to ensure smooth hand offs and fulfillment of operations
- Monitors and tracks finished product and WIP
- Performs regular cycle counts, reconciles variances, and enters data in ERP
- Process Improvement: Identify opportunities for process improvement and work closely with production teams to implement corrective actions and preventive measures. Continuously monitor production processes to enhance efficiency, reduce waste, and optimize quality
- Track and provide appropriate management reporting (key performance indicators)
- Ensure a safe and efficient warehouse environment at all times
- Perform other duties as assigned
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 5+ years Supervisory experience
- 5+ years Shipping/Receiving experience
- Prior experience in a warehouse, shipping, receiving or related environment preferred
- Excellent time management, and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple priorities
- Ability to learn and follow work instructions
- Problem solving skills and the ability to analyze complex problems and formulate solutions
- Strong team player who will thrive in a start-up environment
- Team focused and commitment to maintaining positive work culture
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Previously worked in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact effectively and positively with all levels of Company personnel as well as external personnel
- Able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Knowledge of inventory and warehousing processing procedures
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office product line as well as other Windows software tools
Pay Range:$49,100.00 - $81,300.00
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.