Client Support Specialist
The Client Support Specialist will provide direct contact with Assurant’s customers, high-profile client representatives, and service partners to reduce and resolve delays in service. This role is responsible for building positive relationships with customers, service partners, and internal departments while providing paths to an efficient resolution
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Responsible for customer escalations and/or servicer inquiries through phone calls, emails, or webforms and complete incident management by investigating, troubleshooting, and resolving concerns through interactions with customers and service providers
- Support the claims process for repairs of home appliances, consumer electronics, plumbing, HVAC, & electrical systems
- Make repair and/or settlement decisions using appropriate steps to qualify and quantify the resolution from a cost saving and customer experience perspective within approved limits
- Utilize approved vendors to procure parts for service providers or customers to complete repairs
- Complete audits and validate incoming provider claims, settlements, service denials, and reimbursements to ensure accuracy and cost effectiveness before processing and providing payments while updating multiple channels with decision information
- Enforce independent servicer agreements and adhere to multi-client contract terms and conditions when making decisions
- Manage multiple issues/cases at one time simultaneously based on workload
- Analyze and act on the best possible outcome based on potential risk for an amicable resolution
- Required to log and track issues in multiple tracking systems for the purpose of generating reports and employee accountability
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders in an effective, tactical, and empathetic manner with ongoing status and/or solution
- Responsible for drafting written correspondence to customers and service providers or in response to customer questions or escalations
- May identify opportunities for a process improvement for the betterment of the overall customer experience and/or Assurant Operations from a cost saving perspective
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 3 + years in Direct Customer Service to include escalation experience and/or Business to Business or Vendor Customer Service
- 2 + years in experience in composing responses to external contacts
- Must be able to work 11am Est to 8pm Est Monday - Friday
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Associate degree in Business or equivalent
- 3+ year in Vendor Management
- 3+ years’ experience within Connected Living
- Strong understanding of client contracts, operations, company products & services
Pay Range:$17.83 - $28.53
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.