Senior DB2 Database Engineer
Senior Database Engineer
United Kingdom (Virtual)
Reporting to the Global Director of Infrastructure and Products you will design, configure, operate, and maintain systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure. This may include directing work of less senior engineers. You will help establish strategy and adoption of new technologies in a single domain. Provide engineering design and support for multi-tenant platforms in a single domain including hardware, software, automation, and monitoring.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the global stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the systems and infrastructure that support departments, and to conduct/lead research on latest technologies for practical application to business problems and strategic plans.
- Demonstrate advanced application of technical skills and interpersonal competencies.
- Provide direct global technical leadership and support for all requirements in developing strategy, planning, coordination, scripting, and implementation of releases, upgrades, or changes to our distributed computing environment. This includes managing several small to medium-scale projects and tasks of several complexities across the enterprise.
- Provide direct technical support for all requirements in the planning, coordination, scripting, and implementation of upgrades or changes to our Db2 database footprint.
- Perform capacity planning, performance monitoring, tuning, and prediction.
- Provide high-level support Db2 databases, ensuring change management procedures and methodologies are followed.
You will have the following experience:
- Experience installing and supporting DBb2 databases
- Experience working with IBM z/OS
- Knowledge of Db2 database internals (locking, partitioning, security, and cloning)
- Trouble shoot ,mainframe and distributed processing problems in a Db2 z/OS environment
- Db2 v11.X
- Db2 v12.X
- IBM z/OS: TSO, Utilities, JCL, VSAM, RACF
- CA7, CA11: Host scheduling administration
- BMC AMI and related Admin/utility software
Benefits & Training
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working
- Internal Wellbeing Programme
- LinkedIn Learning
- Learning and Development opportunities
At Assurant, diversity helps us inspire creativity in the global marketplace, and we are believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
We look forward to receiving your application!