Automotive eCommerce Product Manager
Overview of Position
The Product Manager is responsible for articulating and ensuring business requirements are understood, scoping and prioritization are agreed upon, and delivering performance through a cross-functional team. The Product Manager will also manage and lead cross-functional teams that are focused on product planning, approval, and managing the product lifecycle. This role will ensure that the products delivered support Assurant Global Automotive’s initiatives and goals.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Define the product strategy and roadmap.
- Work closely with design, development, data analytic, and other business areas to support and ensure internal and external customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Develop a deep understanding of your users’ needs and become a subject matter expert of the product you work on, specifically within the global automotive industry with regards to reporting, quarterly business reviews, EV charging, and consumer mobile applications.
- Create and document product requirements, user journeys, and workflows that represent our business and /or products.
- Represent the voice of the customer to the team, consolidating input from all stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other Product Manager(s), other product leaders, and key stakeholders throughout the organization to execute the strategy for the products you work on
- Collaborate with Design, Development, QA and other team members throughout product definition and project delivery.
- Own the user experience associated with the product areas under your management.
- Manage business analyses, workflow analyses, requirements definition, and testing activities for development and support projects.
- Document best practices in the usage and deployment of new digital assets.
- Measure and communicate performance against product KPIs. Perform system user acceptance testing and defect tracking.
- Evaluate partner/competitor activities and make recommendations based on your observations and understanding of relevant markets.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 5+ years of digital product management experience with proven, measurable success in developing and expanding products.
- Experience working with AGILE development methodologies, Jira, Confluence, and/or other similar tools is desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing solutions for a growing organization
- Ability to quickly learn and gain understanding of digital technology and to connect it to business needs and opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously and to effectively keep management and stakeholders informed of progress and issues.
- Excellent presentation skills at all levels of management and technical resources
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), time management skills, professionalism, and the ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- 3+ years Automotive Technology experience with menus, contracting, or reporting.
- Automotive retail sales experience.
- Independent, self-motivated problem solver
How much should I expect to travel?
- 20% Travel
Pay Range:$82,200.00 - $137,400.00
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.