Why work with Assurant?
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Problems easier to solve. We come from a variety of countries, cultures, and backgrounds, but we are united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking, and uncommon results.
So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas, and we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive.
Some of the benefits we offer to our team members are:
- Development programs & LinkedIn learning courses as well as study grants and support for higher education
- International and Local mentoring programs
- Wellbeing programs – meditation, mindfulness
- Diversity panels and employee resource groups
- 6 weeks paid parental leave, and accrued Superannuation/Kiwi Saver contributions while on unpaid leave paid into their Superannuation/KiwiSaver fund on their return to work.
- Cultural day off to celebrate what’s important to you
- Volunteering opportunities to give back to a cause that is important to you
What's the role about?
The Software Engineer analyses requirements, designs, codes, tests, installs, and maintains application systems, programs, functions, services, and other related software components in accordance with business needs of medium to high complexity. This role works with international clients, business partners, architects, developers, management, and other functions to understand, troubleshoot issues and develop technical solutions.
- Analyse requirements and design solutions for approved projects and change requests of moderate to high complexity and risk
- Gather, organise, and document data and requirements from various stakeholders and constituencies according to given direction and standards
- Participate in design consultations with hardware and software technicians
- Develop, document and present design solutions and supporting rationale
- Identify and recommend solution objects, functions, interfaces, dependencies, and integration points
- Submit software products for review of compliance with best practices, standards, and enterprise architecture (code review)
- Learn and enhance knowledge of the various multi-platform system support environments, utilities, and procedures
Does this sound like you?
- Sound knowledge and experience in the use of expertise in distributed technologies, including but not limited to Visual Studio .NET, .NET 6.0, ASP.NET and C#.NET, Angular 13, Extensible Markup Language (XML & XMLT) and jQuery
- Expertise and experience with RESTful API, JSON and working knowledge of SOAP
- Expertise and experience with database technologies including MS SQL Server, NoSQL, Cosmos DB, T-SQL and stored procedures
- Knowledge of client/server and n-tier development principles including Unified Modelling Language (UML) and other tools supporting Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD)
- Experience with quality assurance and testing procedures, processes and techniques employed within multi-platform application and system development cycles
- Proficient with Git and ADO for code versioning and DevOps
- Established and demonstratable programming skills in targeted languages and utilities for the distributed environments, database technologies, .NET and the Microsoft stack
If you think you are a perfect fit for this role, please click the link to apply.
Submit your resume accompanied by a cover letter detailing your experiences and suitability for the role. The successful applicant will be subject to relevant background checks such as reference checks and a police check.
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences, and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
For further information about Assurant, please visit our website: https://www.assurant.com/