Snr Financial Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst (9 month fixed term contract)
Reporting to the European Financial Controller, you will prepare month end cost performance. You will ensure our accounts are complete and accurate and prepared following our monthly reporting timetables. You will also work with the cost partners to produce management reporting and help understand performance.
Finally, you will build cost models, both for actuals and plan, and will be the main person for group level data requests on costs. Providing accurate advanced financial information and analysis that contribute to goals.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintain monthly accruals & prepayments for the cost base, reviewing for reasonableness, completeness and accuracy against prior month and plan in order for strategic cost decision-making to be done.
- Ensure the cost contract database is maintained through liaison with cost partners advising and guiding the business on their costs as well maintain PowerQuery models.
- Maintain confidential payroll data, ensuring it reconciles back to payroll reports and that cost center allocations are done based on business inputs to provide team members with management information.
- Ensure balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly, balances understood and investigated. Identify risks and opportunities and support Management with decisions.
- Develop the cost database, being comfortable in pulling data and creating new reporting, in PowerQuery & PowerPivot and use data for strategic analysis
- Collaborate with finance colleagues across Europe to ensure all cost bases are accurate and understood.
- Maintain business relationships with partners.
You will have the following experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) and a high level of technical proficiency
- Advanced spreadsheet skills
- Good accounting skills with a desire to develop new solutions.
- Commercial mindset
- Credible with finance managers and senior management
- Experience working in a finance team within a mid to large sized organization
Benefits & Training
- Bonus Scheme
- Flexible Working
- Internal Wellbeing Programme
- LinkedIn Learning
- Learning and Development opportunities
At Assurant, diversity helps us inspire creativity in the global marketplace, and we are believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
We look forward to receiving your application!