Director, Pricing Management - Mobile Services
The Director of Pricing Management and Operations will support the VP of Product Management in driving revenue optimization by optimally setting up trade-in values, analyzing program-related analytics, providing data-driven answers for business questions, and helping optimize program data globally within our Mobile Service organization. The role will be expected to manage analysis work streams by collecting business needs and working with raw data to create automated solutions and drive strategic decisions. This role will also help ensure data integrity to drive business analysis by understanding backend database systems. Business and program understanding will be utilized to evaluate new deals, determine optimal pricing levels, and analyze program performance to optimize profitability and drive data efficiencies across team functions.
What will my duties and responsibilities be in this job?
Pricing Data Management
- Concurrently handle multiple tasks and multiple programs globally to effectively set pricing values.
- Collaborate effectively with management and teams at all levels to accomplish goals
- Lead project meetings/team efforts to ensure accomplishment of all sections/lifecycle of overall projects/portfolio
- Work cross-functionally across internal Assurant teams to manage program-related work streams and solve business database and team tool/portal issues
In-depth Technical Skills
- Develop solutions and recommendations for improving data integrity through applying in-depth business understanding
- Responsible for designing improvements, developing and managing quality control, documenting data flows, and ongoing maintenance for team database functions and related tools/portals
- Responsible for querying large data sets and transforming data into digestible intelligence for diverse audiences
- Participate in the development of reporting solutions according to business and technical requirements.
- Display knowledge of projects or workflows and analyze existing processes using probability and statistics to optimize adaptive or corrective changes.
- Document existing and new business workflows with applicable metrics and measures.
- Closely coordinate activities with internal cross-functional team to optimize asset value management process and asset recovery programs.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- A bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, statistics, and/or an advanced degree is a plus
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Pricing function or a related field such as data analytics or financial modeling
- Minimum of 3 years of experience directly or indirectly leading teams
- Experience implementing and managing pricing strategy
- Ability to track and monitor market pricing
- Strong analytical skills with a solid understanding of pricing strategy
- Excellent communication to be able to articulate data and findings to management
- Ability to evaluate financial models and program analysis to drive program profitability
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results through working cross-functionally, influencing others, making timely decisions while considering needed trade-offs, negotiating conflicts, as needed
- Strong problem-solving ability and the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and align activities and priorities to meet organizational goals
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to quickly learn new applications and equipment
- Ability to process time-sensitive data and information from multiple sources, make decisions, and communicate actions.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and work independently, or as part of a project team, to complete multiple tasks.
- Requires the ability to perform detailed work.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of wireless handsets.
- Able to identify potential process and workflow improvements
How much should I expect to travel? 5%
Pay Range:$114,400.00 - $191,000.00
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.