Intern - Human Resources (Paid)
HR Internship (PAID)– Amsterdam 6-12 months
Hybrid working opportunities available
Would you like to work for a multi-national insurance company? Assurant, is a global leader in business services for the connected world. Our lifestyle solutions help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and provide a great experience for their customers. We support, connect and service over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles, and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 500, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
Check out this amazing HR internship opportunity to kick-start your career!
We are looking to employ an enthusiastic and driven HR intern to assist our HR department for Central & Southern Europe (Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Italy, Germany and Portugal) with administrative and HR-related tasks and projects. The HR intern’s responsibilities include updating employee HR documents, project work and providing suitable recommendations to improve HR policies. You should also be able to draft employee communications notifying staff of policy and procedural changes.
To be successful as an HR intern, you should keep abreast of the latest developments in (Dutch/EU) labour legislation to determine how company HR policies may be affected. Ultimately, an outstanding HR intern should be detail-oriented and able to demonstrate excellent administrative and organizational skills.
What We Offer
- Responsibility and empowerment in your internship; you will not be looking over shoulders but learning by doing
- Expert guidance and support from Dutch HR Director and European HR team
- Work in an international setting with over 20 different nationalities in the Amsterdam team.
- Access to an almost infinite online Learnings environment
- A monthly compensation of 450€
- a laptop
- 4-5 days working week, hybrid work approach- working in the office and from home
What You Will Do
As a HR intern you will be part of the European HR team that is responsible for Assurant C&S Europe. You will mainly be engaged with day-to-day activities and other HR-related matters. Additionally, you will carry out assignments and projects:
- Involved with setting up a work counsel (OR).
- Updating (online) HR ADMIN, working with different systems and employment details.
- Coordinating onboarding & offboarding processes (Checklists).
- Updating HR policies & employee benefits.
What We Ask
- You are available for minimum 6 months, full time (4-5 days)
- You are fluent in English and Dutch
- You are in the bachelor, gap year or master phase of your academic track
- You are proactive, open-minded, and motivated to learn
- You are looking for an "internship" NOT Thesis
At Assurant, we are passionate about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. Diversity allows us to inspire creativity in the global marketplace, and we are huge believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it can improve us as a business. Not just in performance, it also allows us to create growth opportunities, better aligns us with our clients, and enhances employee engagement.