Why work with Assurant?
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Problems easier to solve. We come from a variety of countries, cultures, and backgrounds, but we are united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking, and uncommon results.
So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas, and we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive.
Some of the benefits we offer to our team members are:
- Development programs & LinkedIn learning courses as well as study grants and support for higher education
- International and Local mentoring programs
- Wellbeing programs – meditation, mindfulness
- Diversity panels and employee resource groups
- 6 weeks paid parental leave, and accrued Superannuation/Kiwi Saver contributions while on unpaid leave paid into their Superannuation/KiwiSaver fund on their return to work.
- Cultural day off to celebrate what’s important to you
- Volunteering opportunities to give back to a cause that is important to you
What's the role about?
The People Advisor is responsible for providing support, coaching and guidance to line managers relating to employee relations activity.
As a key member of Assurant’s People Org team, you will be involved in the day-to-day operations of the function, and also contribute to the creation, implementation and delivery of the People plan for ANZ & Singapore.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Recruitment – end to end activity to advertise, attract & source the best diverse talent that will enhance Assurant’s commercial delivery and aligns with the Assurant values & culture. Coach people leaders on sourcing activity, screening candidates. Identify and propose enhancements to digitise the recruitment function and evolve the candidate & team experience.
- Provide Health, Safety and Environment expertise and guidance for our team and people leaders based at our Auburn mobile device repair and refurbishment centre
- Supporting & coaching people leaders through People Org process rhythms for the ANZ and Global - think talent reviews, performance management, and end of year performance ratings and compensation review processes.
- Administering the payroll function for Australian and New Zealand entities, establishing strong partnerships with payroll providers and the finance team to deliver seamless and accurate payment of team member salary.
- Connecting with our growth potential talent to coach and support their self-leadership and team leadership skills, preparing them for ongoing success.
- engagement survey and Great Place to Work initiatives, holding listening sessions, and partnering with team leaders and managers to support creation and delivery of new and enhanced team experience initiatives.
- Advocating and supporting the Diversity, Equity & inclusion strategy, activities & initiatives for the ANZ business
- Conducting investigations into poor performance or behaviours, and providing performance coaching and advice to managers which may include participating in disciplinary meetings, drafting of outcome letters, and advising on team member termination as required
Does this sound like you?
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources or similar field
- 3+ years’ experience in People and Culture function
- Experience with Workday platform preferred
- Strong knowledge of local employee relations framework, Fair Work Act, OHS/HSE and other related legislation
- Payroll administration experience advantageous
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft computer applications
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively in a team environment & autonomously
- Demonstrates initiative and ownership
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills – verbal & written
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
If you think you are a perfect fit for this role, please click the link to apply.
Submit your resume accompanied by a cover letter detailing your experiences and suitability for the role. The successful applicant will be subject to relevant background checks such as reference checks and a police check.
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences, and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
For further information about Assurant, please visit our website: https://www.assurant.com/