Lead Financial Analyst
The Lead Analyst will be responsible for managing the LATAM and Canada Plan/Re-forecast cycle, Outlook and Quarter Close variance analysis. This role will support the LATAM and Canada regional teams, US based International Finance team and US based Lifestyle FP&A function. In addition, this role will be responsible for the International Trend Report.
· Co-ordinate and analyze the LATAM and Canada Plan/FC cycle.
· Ensure client and expense forecasts are robust and variances understood.
· Review LOB and FTE for LATAM and Canada.
· Business Partner with in-country FP&A teams.
· Produce value adding in-depth analysis for Lifestyle FP&A stakeholders and CFO’s.
· Gather insight by liaising with US based leaders including Actuary, IT and Corporate functions.
· Assist with the quarter close LATAM and Canada storylines including Revenue/EBITDA variance analysis for YoY, QoQ, YTD and vs Plan analysis.
· Identify and develop KPI’s and variance drivers for LATAM and Canada regions including subscriber counts.
· Understand the key R&O’s and emerging business issues in LATAM and Canada.
· Support ad hoc requests for Earnings Call.
· Maintain the International Trend report which consists of downloading data from EPA and regularly updating/setting-up by country P&L trends with variance comparisons and FX calculations.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in financial analytics and forecasting.
- Advanced excel skills
- Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports and projections using an advanced level of Excel.
- Thorough understanding of business issues and concepts related to insurance or financial services industry.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with internal teams.
- A team player that can work in a complex and fast-paced environment
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences, and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
For further information about Assurant, please visit our website: https://www.assurant.com/