A Hazard Forecaster plays a significant role in the success of our business, as they are instrumental in assisting our management in making sure we are staffed to meet the needs of our clients and customers. What does that mean? Here at Assurant, our Command Center is the backbone of multiple internal clients within our support centers. As a Forecaster, you find patterns and analyze trends to make forward thinking business decisions.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Pull from various systems and analyze trends, volumes, patterns and initiatives to provide forecasted work item volume by client.
- Participate and present data during monthly meetings with the Operations team to discuss trends, projections, and to create a plan of action to meet Back Office staffing requirements.
- Provide staffing recommendations to meet contractual Service Level Agreement metrics.
- Complete reporting requests.
- Complete long-term forecast analysis for multiple clients and Back Office departments.
- Act as departmental Subject Matter Expert.
- Provide reporting from various data sources to quantify volume patterns, Average Completion Time (ACT) changes, and other support center metrics to serve as documentation of realized impacts to process improvement
- Provide staffing recommendations to meet contact center contractual SLA metrics before and after improvement initiative implementation
- Provide reporting from various data sources in order to quantify call arrival, AHT changes, and other call center metrics to serve as documentation of realized impacts to process improvement
- Facilitate weekly meetings with the Operations team to discuss trends, projections, and to create a plan of action to meet contact center metrics
- Complete staffing analysis for budgetary reporting
- Other duties/projects as assigned
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
High School diploma or GED
3 years excel experience
A solid understanding of forecasting "best practices", terminology and functions
Coursework in or basic knowledge of Mathematical Statistics
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Excellent oral and written communication
Ability to prioritize, organize, and work independently or as part of a team to complete multiple tasks
Fluent in reading, writing and speaking English
Accustomed to making sound and timely decisions based on diverse data
Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel (macros, pivot table, formulas), and PowerPoint
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences, and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
For further information about Assurant, please visit our website: https://www.assurant.com/