Why work with Assurant?
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Problems easier to solve. We come from a variety of countries, cultures, and backgrounds, but we are united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking, and uncommon results.
So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas, and we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive.
When you join Assurant you will be part of a community that cares. A diverse and supportive team culture will see you challenge yourself and motivate you to think out of the box.
Some of the benefits we offer to our team members are:
- Study leave and support for Actuarial qualifications
- Wellbeing programs – meditation, mindfulness
- Development programs & LinkedIn learning courses as well as study grants and support for higher education
- Mentoring programs
- Diversity panels and employee resource groups
- Cultural day off to celebrate what’s important to you
- Volunteering opportunities to give back to a cause that is important to you
About the role:
We are seeking a driven individual as an Actuarial Assistant in Reserving. You will perform actuarial calculations to assist the relevant business units in obtaining and managing a profitable business.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Working directly with the Appointed Actuary for Australia and NZ to meet local regulatory requirements
- Conducting actuarial or reserving analysis as required, including preparing, manipulating, and interpreting data
- Responsible for carrying out assignments or projects, performing actuarial analysis, investigations, and modelling under supervision
- Identifying system and data inefficiencies and propose solutions
- Develop relationships with internal stakeholders
- Demonstrate general understanding of the business unit and other support functions
- Career focused with a goal to be a highly skilled and successful Fellow of the Actuaries Institute of Australia
- Tertiary qualification in Actuarial Studies, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent relevant disciplines.
- Actuarial experience within General Insurance, in reserving or pricing
- Self-motivated to work to complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills
- You think outside the box and are comfortable in raising your ideas for continuous improvement with team members and leaders
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) in order to liaise with stakeholders at varying levels across the business
Please submit your resume accompanied by a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role. Don't miss your opportunity to be part of this successful team, apply now!
For further information about Assurant, please visit our website: https://www.assurant.com/
The successful applicant will be subject to relevant background checks such as reference checks and a police check.