Director, Business Growth Communications
Director, Business Growth Communications
The Director, Business Growth Communications for Connected Living is responsible for partnering with Senior Business Leadership and Marketing counterparts to support business growth goals through the following:
- High-impact programs and partnerships that reach executive decision makers.
- Product and client news that demonstrates innovation and business momentum.
- Thought leadership on communications strategies for key executives including MCOM members and other top executives.
- Employee communications that build alignment with business priorities and activate Assurant’s culture within teams.
Building strategic communications plans and messaging from a global perspective.
External Communications: 75%
- Provides communications consulting to top business executives to support growth and protect the reputation of the business.
- Directly supports U.S. business and leads communications strategy and creative globally for Connected Living.
- Proactively partner with Marketing and Communications colleagues in developing annual and project plans that are grounded in business objectives and sound communications strategy to support business growth.
- Anticipates business needs and opportunities and works with Senior Business Leadership and Marketing colleagues to provide proactive counsel, creative ideas, and thoughtful execution.
- Identifies stories, platforms and channels that demonstrate Assurant innovation to key decision makers and develop plans to leverage those to in communications activities and plans.
- Personally handles media relations for the Connected Living business channel and acts as spokesperson when appropriate.
- Effectively collaborates across functions to develop, place, and amplify content to ensure each communications activity has the greatest possible impact.
- Develops written communications and talking points that are differentiating, clear, compelling, concise, and aligned with Assurant’s brand voice and, when appropriate, individual leader’s and SME’s voices.
- Drives and holds accountable agency partners to effectively and efficiently use resources to support business growth through communications activities. These actions ultimately drive agency accountability for higher impact results.
- Manages crisis situations with reason and calm, working across functions and providing sound communications counsel to protect the company’s reputation.
Internal Communications: 25%
- Develops annual and project plans grounded in business objectives and sound communications strategy to deliver positive outcomes for the business.
- Anticipates business needs and issues and works with executive clients and communications colleagues to provide proactive counsel, creative solutions and thoughtful execution.
- Develops written communications and talking points that are clear, compelling, concise and aligned with Assurant’s brand voice and, when appropriate, individual leaders’ voices.
- Proactively recommends ways to better align and engage employees in the business priorities.
- Drives ways to bring to life and embed the company’s culture within business units and teams.
- Develops all plans, programs and communications guided by the company’s commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, journalism or other liberal arts.
- Previous Experience: At least 10 years of experience in marketing, communications and/or journalism.
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Media Savvy: Deep understanding of how the media work and efficacy at managing interactions and relationships with members of the media with a focus on technology and business media.
- Communication: Effective and efficient at creating written communication and talking points that are clear, concise, compelling and aligned with the business strategy and objectives.
- Collaborative: Effective in developing positive working relationships with colleagues across functions and with agency partners.
- Client Service Oriented: Ability to listen, connect with, be responsive to and advise senior leaders, including members of the Management Committee on communications issues and opportunities.
- Creative: Ability to identify and develop new ideas and opportunities to advance business objectives and grow the company’s reputation.
- Proactive: Anticipate issues and opportunities and propose ideas or solutions to address them.
Pay Range:$97,100.00 - $161,900.00
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.