Tunstall, Stoke-on-Trent ST6, UK
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2023
Mobile Repair Technician – Level 2
Tunstall (On-Site Opportunity)
9:30 pm till 6 pm Monday-Friday)
Who are we?
Assurant, Inc. is a global leader in business services for the connected world. Our lifestyle and housing solutions help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and provide a great experience for their customers. We support, connect and service over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 500, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
Common Sense, Common Decency, Uncommon Thinking and Uncommon Results guide our every action at Assurant. These values inspire our commitment to being a responsible corporate citizen.
Under moderate supervision, the Mobile Technician L2 will inspect, refurbish, test, troubleshoot and program electronic equipment. Repairing and replacing cosmetics to perform the following.
Functional Testing, Fault Diagnosis, Cleaning, Software Flashing, Software Calibration & Cosmetic Reconditioning
Replace individual parts that do not require soldering. e.g. replacing a screen assembly by disconnecting the flex connector, replacing adhesive
- Commercial Experience of working in a repair environment
- knowledgeable in analog, digital and radio frequency disciplines
- GSCE or GED level education
- Strong attention to detail
- PC literate - Previous experience of data entry
- Conduct root case failure analysis and troubleshooting on suspected defective devices
- Performs electromechanical assembly using hand and electric tools
- Performs component level and board repairs
- Identify and report root cause deficiencies
- Identify and report routine process deficiencies
- Test, repair and program devices
- Work with care and urgency in order to meet production goals
- Participate in continuous improvement and team-building activities
- Refer to and follow Standard Operating Procedures to perform the job duties
Benefits & Training
- Bonus Scheme
- Flexible Working
- Internal Wellbeing Programme
- LinkedIn Learning
- Learning and Development opportunities
At Assurant, diversity helps us inspire creativity in the global marketplace, and we are believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
To view a full list of the responsibilities and requirements, please visit the job description on the European Careers site.
We look forward to receiving your application!