Associate Claims Adjuster
Overview of Position
We are looking for an Insurance Adjuster to begin a career at Assurant in a fast-paced, energetic environment where you drive results while providing exceptional customer service. This person will protect what matters most to people in completely new ways, so you can create experiences that make your customer’s day.
At Assurant, we are all about opportunity and finding new ways for you to develop and grow. Our leaders are equipped with the tools to coach and help you excel in your role and your career!
Join our dynamic team of problem solvers and pioneers who strive in helping our customers at their time of need.
This job requires you to work a hybrid work schedule from our Miami, Florida office 3 days a week and from your home office 2 days a week.
We are offering a 2 K sign on bonus.
What makes us different?
- Paid Training and Licensing
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan at a discounted rate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible spending accounts
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Claims Adjuster license required and will be obtained during training.
- Investigate and adjust claims according to applicable laws and policy provisions.
- Conduct claim investigations including but not limited to recorded statements, securing public records, and analyzing report findings.
- Examine claim forms and other records to confirm coverage for loss or damage.
- Review and audit estimates received and settle claims within prescribed limits of authority.
- Issue payments or deny claim in a timely manner in accordance with policy conditions.
- Effectively negotiate settlements with contractors, adjusters, or any insured representative.
- Recognize and document subrogation and salvage opportunities and refer accordingly.
- Identify potential liability exposures and request companion liability claims.
- Build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships. Collaborate with internal support teams and management as appropriate.
- Perform all these actions with the customer in mind by setting clear expectations with the customer, proactively provide information and keep the customer informed.
- During a sometimes-emotional time for our customers, its our duty to be our best when our customers suffer the worst.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong analytical, listening, problem solving, critical thinking and negotiating skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented with a commitment to excellence.
- Minimum of one-year professional work experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and the ability to navigate and enter data on multiple screens.
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 wpm.
- Resiliency when dealing with dynamic workloads and bringing grit and determination to get things done.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and spend time on what adds the most value.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to draft business-level communications when responding to customers.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision to manage schedules and meet deadlines.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Associate/bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong listening, problem solving, and negotiating skills.
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking ability with an ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced work environment.
- Detail oriented with a commitment to excellence.
Pay Range- $ 17.83 - 28.53 USD Hourly
Pay Range:$17.83 - $28.53
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.