Accounts Payable Officer
The Accounts Payable Officer role is instrumental in helping the finance team establish and maintain internal and financial controls and procedures for the company in AP process.
While supporting the AP Supervisor (ANZ), some of the key responsibilities include:
- Payments are processed as per the internal controls with all the proper supporting and authority matrix.
- Timely booking and processing of the payment.
- Accounting of expense properly in the corresponding GLs.
- Working with the business team and closing all escalations.
- Month-end/Quarter End closure and provision of the expense.
- Analysis of creditors outstanding.
- Adherence to defined SLA/TAT towards deliverables.
- Validating, booking, and processing of the salary, F&Fs and business reimbursements.
- Closure of daily BRS and monthly/quarterly BS Reconciliations assigned.
- Closing of the internal audit, statutory audit, and due diligence.
- Related AP and operational Compliance like GST etc.
- Assisting with filing the GST return.
- Continuously work to improve AP processes through technology or quality improvements.
- Preparation of SOPs for various sub processes within for AP function and maintenance for updates.
College degree, M.Com /MBA or CA-Intermediate - 5-8 years of relevant Experience or equivalent designation required:
Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in an Accounts Payable role
Effectively working with teams in different locations mostly in remote environment
Knowledge and Skills:
Strong audit management experience
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong skills in Microsoft Office
Ability to manage numerous deadlines and prioritize workload accordingly
Strong problem-solving skills to analyze the data, search for inconsistencies, reconcile inconsistencies and devise solutions to errors
Exposure to accounting processes, reconciliation, and client servicing
Experience in BFSI
Experience with ERP systems (Oracle preferred)
Experience in project management
Advanced Microsoft Excel skills