Talent Acquisition Consultant
The Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant is a strategic partner to the business, building strong relationships with hiring leaders and providing them with expert guidance on all aspects of the talent acquisition process. This role will be responsible for identifying and recruiting various positions and may flex to support other areas and levels as business needs change.
To be successful in this role, the candidate must possess the following competencies: attract and source high quality candidates, guide hiring managers through assessment and selection, build credibility and trust, data tracking, analysis and interpretation, stakeholder influence, and business acumen. The Sr. Talent Acquisition Consultant will bring the voice of the talent strategy to hiring decisions and will challenge, not just satisfy, hiring managers. The Sr. Talent Acquisition Consultant will leverage their expertise to influence hiring decisions and convey the business logic of recruiting recommendations.
AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Shows deep expertise and is sought out as an expert in attraction and sourcing.
- Recruits in multiple segments of the business for specialized and high- level roles where identifying and securing talent are particularly challenging.
- Identifies opportunities to promote new recruiting approaches or strategies that will enhance stakeholder outcomes within their own function/area and within similar functions.
- Provides expertise and guidance to hiring managers in the design and implementation of the interview and evaluation process to positively impact the quality of hire.
- Delivers results against complex challenges and expectations, often within larger groups and with leaders, produces quality work, meets deadlines, and follows through with commitments.
- Independently collects, analyzes, maintains and ensures accuracy of recruitment data in appropriate systems across varied processes and segments.
- Identifies performance gaps, makes observations and conclusions from data analysis, and translates findings into actionable initiatives to maximize recruitment outcomes.
- Provides value-adding consultation and guidance to hiring managers that influences the approach, strategy or process used to maximize recruitment initiatives in the businesses supported.
- Leverages expertise in recruiting across multiple segments and recruiting processes to establish reasonable timeframes and expectations with hiring managers for specialized or critical roles.
- Appropriately challenges or coaches hiring managers to implement effective strategies and persuades hiring managers to adopt established best practices.
- Develops clear, realistic understanding of talent needs for a specific position given the scope, skill needs, labor market, function specific or industry trends, and salary; guides hiring managers in prioritizing appropriate position requirements and recruitment strategies based on business need.
- Build relationships with target Universities to ensure we successfully implement our campus recruitment strategy for internship and full time hiring
- Lead employer branding initiatives to attract top talent and enhance the company's reputation as an employer of choice.
- Post Offer engagement of the offered candidates that involves hiring managers and business leaders to ensure industry best joining ratio.
- Provides guidance and insight to business units/functions on key messages or candidate informational materials that will create a competitive advantage in the market.
- Demonstrates understanding of elements of the business strategy for business units served and recommends recruiting strategies that align with business strategy.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Assurant leaders, vendors, community organizations, and other team members to create a partnership that yields success, predictable results and credibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of progressive corporate and/or search firm recruiting experience.
- Proficient utilization of an applicant tracking system(Workday preferred).
- Proficiency in full life-cycle recruiting components, including sourcing, qualifying, networking, assessing, offer negotiation, closing, administrative components, job analysis, wage and salary trends, and understanding of relevant labor markets, relationship management, and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Experience in consulting with hiring managers, leveraging recruiting experience to influence hiring decisions. Provides recommendations and coaching to hiring managers on scope, steps and timelines. Works effectively to build relationships and ensure that customers are satisfied.
- Proficient in managing and prioritizing multiple searches, projects and client relationships. Drives a sense of urgency throughout the recruitment process. Looks for opportunities to remove obstacles and implements complex and unique recruiting approaches.
- Experience assessing and making talent recommendations to hiring leaders.
- Work with hiring leader to guide them through the recruitment process.
- Experience in building and utilizing a variety of sourcing plans and tools. Experience in engaging the hiring manager and team in sourcing activities.
- Self-sufficient and able to work with little direct supervision.
- Strong initiative and the ability to quickly learn systems, processes, and procedures.
- High School diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.