Associate Insurance Specialist - Condo
Assurant Specialty Property seeks an energetic person responsible for providing exceptional front-line customer service to our policyholders and clients. As an Insurance Specialist, you'll use your excellent customer service skills and your problem-solving ability to efficiently and effectively respond to incoming customer inquiries and/or concerns in a high call volume environment. If you are a problem solver and thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, this is the career for you!
- Responding to incoming customer inquiries in a high volume inbound call center environment via telephone or in writing. This position will receive 70 to 100 calls per day.
- Supporting processing functions as back-ups, such as issuing insurance policies, certificates, endorsements, and cancellations for clients, customers, and agents.
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving customer and client processing problems or errors that include department premium discrepancies and system problems.
- Communicating with external clients as well as internal departments.
This is a full-time position. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Schedule that is being hired 11:30am to 8:00pm.
- 2-year customer service experience in a high call volume environment.
- Property and Casualty Insurance Producer License Required
- High School Diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of Windows-based programs and basic data entry skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly as procedure/client needs change.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Property and Casualty knowledge and/or agency experience.
- Call center experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) candidates must be able to speak, read and write effectively in both languages.
$15.25 to 23.00
Pay Range:$15.16 - $23.50
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.