Material Control Technician
This job is responsible for inputting information into the company’s computer system for the purpose of satisfying internal and external customer demands.
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records such as manifests, invoices, or orders to verify accuracy
- Records shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, damages, or discrepancies for reporting, accounting, or recordkeeping purposes
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, or shipping orders to route materials
- Confer or correspond with established representatives to rectify problems such as damages, shortages, or nonconformance to specifications
- Input material movement transactions to ERP software
- Research receiving, issue, and material movement discrepancies
- Act as an advisor to MP1 and MP2 associates as required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year as an MP2 along with cross training in three or more jobs areas (includes current) are required
- Min 1 year Experience in inventory control (shipping, receiving, inventory control) in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Occasional: bending, squatting, kneeling, reaching, twisting, exposure to changes in temperature, being near moving machinery, and office machinery
- This position requires incumbents to regularly sit at a desk and operate standard office equipment such as a computer and phone
- Employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, lift, carry and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to talk and hear
- Required to use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Certification for use of fork lift
- Understanding of principles of inventory control
- Knowledge of materials control procedures i.e. location and use
- Associates degree or technical degree in a related field
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Word
- Experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Electronic scanner use
Pay Range:$16.21 - $25.93
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.