Unit Manager I, II, or III
Assurant is seeking a Unit Manager I, II, or III with the opportunity to work remote from Home!
This is a remote position
The Flood Processing Unit Manager I, II, or III is responsible for planning, organizing, leading, controlling and coordinating the day-to-day activities of a team of associates involved in providing services in the area of Mortgage Servicing. The Flood Processing team is responsible for managing multiple client flood exceptions and reports.
The Flood Processing Unit Manager I, II, or III will manage a team supporting multiple. In addition, the Unit Manager I, II, or III will also provide backup and support to the Operations Manager as needed.
- Hire, lead, develop, and mentor a team of non-exempt associates supporting multiple clients.
- Communicate expectations and manage individual and team performance results.
- Provide ongoing coaching and direction to associates and support a culture of teamwork, commitment, productivity and superior quality.
- Promote team development and cohesive participation to achieve department/operational objectives within assigned areas.
- Coordinate workflow and ensure standards are met on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Train and develop employees, communicate performance expectations, and manage for results.
- Continually challenge staff to improve/increase skills and operational knowledge.
- Participate in establishing/defining short- and long- term goals and plans for the work group.
- Monitor employee and team performance and maintain required service levels.
- Supervise day-to-day activities of the work group.
- Assign work and manage workflow within the work group.
- Align staff resources and skills to support functions in department.
- Monitor ongoing quality and service level standards for employees/team and promote culture of continuous improvement based on regular reviews of client access work completed.
- Obtain feedback on the performance of the work group and make appropriate adjustments to ensure client requirements are met.
- Investigate and appropriately address inquiries, complaints and/or opportunities. Identify root cause for issues and implement controls to prevent/minimize future occurrences.
- Create and implement process improvements related to the work group.
- Build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships. Collaborate with internal and external partners to effectively support flood processing needs while complying with client and Assurant expectations.
- Participate in client meetings and projects related to department processes.
- Ensure procedures and processes are up-to-date and any changes communicated to the team and operational partners.
- Effectively collaborate with leadership and external partners regarding processes, business and client needs, service levels, and client system related projects and issues.
- Request information and/or provide updates as needed.
- Present data and/or information to clients as might be necessary for client visits and audits.
- Solicit feedback from appropriate resources for continued improvement in self-development/learning.
- Complete other duties and projects as requested based on business needs.
- Back up operations manager as needed.
- High school diploma or GED
- Two years of experience managing, motivating, and developing employees
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in mortgage servicing, banking, insurance, contact center management, business process outsourcing, or related industries
- Working knowledge of mortgage servicing systems
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to meet multiple goals and objectives timely with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently across the organization with all levels of management and with external client partners
- Demonstrated ability to analyze situations, influence others, and make sound decisions
- Demonstrated ability to be decisive and results-oriented with a high level of integrity
- Ability to innovate and improve processes as needed
- Strong time-management and organization skills
- Strong follow-up skills and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
Pay Range:$40.700,00 - $67.100,00
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.