Manager, P&C Claims
As the Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of a team of claim adjusters within the P&C Claims department. Your team will be responsible for the investigation of insurance claims based on coverage, appraisal results, and verifiable damage. Successful P&C Claims Managers effectively lead, manage, and motivate employees to meet production service standards and provide coaching and development to help employees grow and succeed. We offer a management career path and individual coaching and development in a professional and friendly work environment. We have company-subsidized group benefit plans (including health insurance eligibility on the first day of employment), stock purchase plan, and many additional benefits.
Must have a P&C Adjuster license or be willing to obtain one within 30 days. Time for training and any applicable cost/fees will be provided.
This job requires you to work a hybrid work schedule from our Miami, Florida or Atlanta, Georgia office 3 days a week and from your home office 2 days a week.
We are offering a $ 2000 K sign-on bonus.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
Hire, lead, develop, and mentor a team of associates responsible for investigating and settling property and casualty claims.
- Communicate, evaluate, and reinforce productivity standards and performance expectations.
Provide ongoing coaching and direction to associates and support a culture of teamwork, commitment, productivity and superior quality.
- Assist in training processes and procedures and developing employees.
- Participate in establishing/defining short- and long- term goals and plans for the work group.
Ensure complete and sound claim settlements, legal reviews, and investigations when necessary.
- Resolve non-routine and escalated customer calls.
Research and respond to customer complaints, take appropriate action, and ensure follow up communications occur.
- Monitor quality assurance program and conduct monthly call reviews with team members. Identify trends and provide appropriate direction.
Build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
- Request information and/or provide updates as needed.
- Meet with clients and/or TPAs as appropriate.
- Handle other duties and projects as requested based on business needs.
- Maintain and increase skills and knowledge on an on-going basis and attend workshops, seminars, and other training sessions as appropriate.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in the claims process in a P&C environment
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory/management or team lead experience including coaching and developing employees
- Basic office computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office
- P&C Adjuster license or ability to obtain within 30 days.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Familiarity with the P&C claims process from beginning to end.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment meeting client service standards and production goals.
- Detail oriented with a commitment to excellence.
- Ability to think creatively and make appropriate decisions.
- Bilingual a plus
Pay Range:$82,200.00 - $137,400.00
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.